Have you ever considered going full "Dwight Schrute" at work?

DoctorTaco

Breadhead
@Gold
Reaction score
For those of you working a pointless, dead end, no future job- have you ever considered going full Dwight Schrute? Going all in and being the most aggressive, passionate, all in employee at the joint?

Where would you be in 2 years if you showed model A+ performance and attendance at work, tried to move up the chain, and really gave your all to what ever shitty job you're stuck in? Has the idea crossed your mind?

I think about it once in awhile but then decide to post on sherdog instead.

I've considered going Milton Waddams a couple of times.

Dwight was the number one salesman in the office.

His job wasn't dead end but his problem is/was he's a complete weirdo that would never get moved to corporate for a higher position.

Also Dwights impression of Jim was so amazing. "SPOT ON"

If dwight were a real person he'd have had a visit from hansen for his chat sessions (dwight cannot control his horny level) or the police for the bodies buried on his farm land.

No. I am a shooting star at work and routinely picked for promotions.

His job wasn't dead end but his problem is/was he's a complete weirdo that would never get moved to corporate for a higher position.

It's not just sitting there, free for the taking. You'll paint a very large target on your back to all the other employees and they will form against you. All it takes is 2 or 3.

20-30 years ago, you'd be okay. But these days, blatant co-worker/work sabotage is not punished by higher-ups, in fact many are in on it. They hire these guys and refuse to fire them. Those guys either sit where they, picking off people who outperform them to keep the average down or sabotage their way up the ladder, 50/50.

Office culture is pure trash these days. If you don't believe me, go ahead and try it. You better be a really expert kissup or be related to the boss somehow, unless you are in one of the maybe 3% of workplaces that actually screens bad behavior thoroughly instead of passively/actively rewarding it.

For those of you working a pointless, dead end, no future job- have you ever considered going full Dwight Schrute? Going all in and being the most aggressive, passionate, all in employee at the joint?

Where would you be in 2 years if you showed model A+ performance and attendance at work, tried to move up the chain, and really gave your all to what ever shitty job you're stuck in? Has the idea crossed your mind?

No, but I have considered going all Creed Bratton on my workplace:

C1BEgUkUcAA6BdP.jpg

Great thread btw.

Seriously, I've never worked in an office, or done any soul destroying POS job as an adult - ain't got time fo that. Surely all that drive and passion you speak of should be geared towards a job/career you are passionate about.

I know it's easier said than done, some people just fall into that trap. But I could never live that way.

Still, great thread.

I have tons of Dwight Schrutes working at my work already. They're the Asians.

he was a paper salesman at a failing mid level paper company in the mid west. Yes, he is a weirdo which stopped him from getting advancements, but the idea still
Stands: he put 100% effort into his job and that's why he was so successful

I've considered going Milton Waddams a couple of times.
AAEAAQAAAAAAAASFAAAAJGNlOTA4ZTk1LWNlYjgtNDMyMi04YzM0LWIzMDIxYWY0NWViNg.jpg

he was a paper salesman at a failing mid level paper company in the mid west. Yes, he is a weirdo which stopped him from getting advancements, but the idea still
Stands: he put 100% effort into his job and that's why he was so successful

Yeah but he wouldn't get promoted because he was a real oddball. He was capped at his position.

Although he did organize all the toys on michaels desk and water the plants.

He also was the best salesman and Office Depot or whatever that place was. Staples maybe

Yeah but he wouldn't get promoted because he was a real oddball. He was capped at his position.

Although he did organize all the toys on michaels desk and water the plants.

He also was the best salesman and Office Depot or whatever that place was. Staples maybe

Did you not see the final season?

Dwight fulfilled his life's ambition and became Regional manager of Dunder Mifflin, Scranton.

Last edited:
The people who build relationships with the people up top, get on top from what I can tell.

Back