Have the UFC given up on Mexico?

I wonder how much an effect Dana openly supporting Trump has on the UFC popularity among Mexicans and Mexican-Americans?

The UFC would love a chance to market a Mexican fighter, but they saw too much of Conor budding in Yair and decided to teach him to stay in his lane if he wants to fight there.

I don't know if brown pride sells in Mexico, Canelo is more Irish than Conor (who is actually English and Scottish), and throw Mexicans seem to love him.

I don't know if brown pride sells in Mexico, Canelo is more Irish than Conor (who is actually English and Scottish), and throw Mexicans seem to love him.
Canelo is Mexican of Spanish descent.

Not much talent is coming out of Mexico right now... Give them some time.

any source on that regarding Canelo?

No they don't publicize their family tree.

Santos Saul Alvararez Barragan. Barragan is the spicification of the Irish/Gaelic name Berrigen/Berrigan.

mexico rather watch real fighters with boxing

The UFC loses interest as long as the market doesn't respond to their product; it happened to Colombia but we didn't have quality with the only guy that was there (with all respect the guy is a bum) but Mexico has a lot of good talent. It just they didn't step up to the occasion and Cain is very injury prone which makes him unreliable.

I wonder how much an effect Dana openly supporting Trump has on the UFC popularity among Mexicans and Mexican-Americans?
I know closet Mexican Americans. (Born in the USA) that secretly support Trump. Lots really. Don't believe the fake news. You think they like a bunch of peasants crossing the border illegally along with Ms13? Not really. Because like 80+ percent of the time an illegal commits a crime it's against another Latino in a Latino neighborhood.

Ever since Fertittas sold UFC to WME-IMG, their match making suck. WME-IMG is scrambling to find new stars by rushing the fighters' career but they don't realize you have to build stars like the good old boxing promoters. Dana doesn't give a fuck about UFC. Why would he? He has a golden parachute waiting for him if WME-IMG decides to fire him and he is too busy building up Zuffa boxing with the Fertittas.

Boxing rules in Mexico. They better come right whenever they do Mexico again. It could be tricky having success without some Mexican fighters.

The UFC is so stupid they dont realize that Mexicans are fans of great fights just like everyone else. if they want the Mexican market they dont have to fill a card with nothing but Mexican fighters but simply bring great fights to Mexico. I am talking Big Foot vs Hunt I, Conor vs Nate, Jones vs Gus, those type of fights. Take your biggest stars over there. Its just so simple minded to think oh we're going to Mexico, lets fill up the cards with a bunch of Mexicans. MMA is fairly new over there and its just evolving so the fighters who come out of there are not as skilled and consequently not as entertaining. Do they do that when they go to Chicago and Atlanta and make the card all black fighters? So dumb

Last edited:
In think it's more Mexico gave up on Cain Velasquez.

Back