Crime Hasidic Jews fight with NYPD in Brooklyn after authorities try to fill in secret tunnels that they've been digging underground around their synagogue

Hasids are kind of nuts. They do that weird circumcision practice of the rabbi using their mouth to suck off the newly circumcised dick of the infant. 4 New York babies got herpes from the practice 2 years ago.

I think its a commonly hidden practice too, until recently

I want to ask one of my jewish relatives about it, but they're bound to get mad that I even would bring it up, because they probably think its just antisemitic propaganda

I think its a commonly hidden practice too, until recently

I want to ask one of my jewish relatives about it, but they're bound to get mad that I even would bring it up, because they probably think its just antisemitic propaganda

My normal Jewish friends think they're nuts too. Most Jewish people think the practice is crazy.

I only went up to the 5th page of this thread and found all of this.

Then there are stories of actual interactions with the community and some very questionable behavior- which I fully believe. In the end it comes down to them having a very distinct appearance which makes them easy to target. Sure we may have seen some of them be asshole drivers but asshole drivers are literally everywhere. I have seen asshole drivers wear red shirts- does that mean all people who wear red shirts are asshole drivers? No, in that instance we would just call that one person an asshole and move on with our lives. I have also seen extremely entitled behavior from wealthy people and mildly famous people- do we group them all together and call them asshole? Well I suppose some people do, but the truth is they are not all like that.

In the end I agree they should absolutely not be treated differently and subject to the same laws as everyone else.
Sikh’s are also very distinct in appearances and yet nobody stereotypes them like that.

This is the first I've ever heard of this. What in the actual fuck?

It's an Orthodox Jewish circumcision ritual which involves a man (called a mohel) putting his mouth on the infant's freshly circumcised penis and sucking out a little blood. But a lot of people have oral herpes so they have been giving newborn infants the virus. Herpes can kill newborn infants or give permanent health problems.

It's fucking bizarre and barbaric.

It's an Orthodox Jewish circumcision ritual which involves a man (called a mohel) putting his mouth on the infant's freshly circumcised penis and sucking out a little blood. But a lot of people have oral herpes so they have been giving newborn infants the virus. Herpes can kill newborn infants or give permanent health problems.

That explains the tunnels

Bizarre, Barbaric, and possibly demonic activity

Lets hear Shapiro spin this one

As if circumcision wasn't weird as fuck already

Sikh’s are also very distinct in appearances and yet nobody stereotypes them like that.
You're kidding right?

Maybe not those specific stereotypes but think of any specific east Indian stereotype and they get applied to "towelheads".

Many many many people from the West cannot distinguish from Hindus, Muslims, and Sikh, so they often get grouped all together.

This has to be illegal....right?

That was just my personal experience at my job. We had assholes of every size, shape, color, religion that I had to deal with on a daily basis, but they stood out from the average percentage of assholes because of large groups repeatedly, and intentionally ignoring the law (read leaving trash everywhere, feeding wildlife, parking where they knew they weren't allowed, and berating rangers that tried to inform them about these violations).

Do I think all Hasidic Jews act that way? Of course not. But a large percentage of the Hasidic Jews I interacted with at my job did. That was my personal experience.

I'm not saying this to trash you because overall I think you're a pretty solid poster even if we aren't ideologically aligned all that often. (Sometimes we are, more often not).

Take everything you typed here and insert (black, Latino, gay, women, etc etc). You'd come across as pretty bigoted, no? Imagine a shop owner that follows black people around his shop saying "I know all black people don't steal, but in my experience black people steal more often..."
You, me, and most people would be like "Whoa, that's racist bro."

<{clintugh}>

You're kidding right?

Maybe not those specific stereotypes but think of any specific east Indian stereotype and they get applied to "towelheads".

Many many many people from the West cannot distinguish from Hindus, Muslims, and Sikh, so they often get grouped all together.
I meant the behavioral stereotypes that are specific to Hasidic Jews

I'm not saying this to trash you because overall I think you're a pretty solid poster even if we aren't ideologically aligned all that often. (Sometimes we are, more often not).

Take everything you typed here and insert (black, Latino, gay, women, etc etc). You'd come across as pretty bigoted, no? Imagine a shop owner that follows black people around his shop saying "I know all black people don't steal, but in my experience black people steal more often..."
You, me, and most people would be like "Whoa, that's racist bro."

The difference I would point out is that your examples are much broader groups of people that encompass a larger variety of backgrounds/religions/lifestyles/etc.

This is a specific sect of a particular religion which I assume (and I could be wrong here) has a large influence on how they interact with people outside of their community.

To go even more specific it was the men that were the heads of the groups that almost always gave us the biggest problems when it came trying to get them to follow the laws in the recreation area.

Again, it's just my personal experience at a particular job I had. I don't dislike people unless they give me a reason to. And enough people of this particular religious sect did on a regular basis that I took notice.

The difference I would point out is that your examples are much broader groups of people that encompass a larger variety of backgrounds/religions/lifestyles/etc.

This is a specific sect of a particular religion which I assume (and I could be wrong here) has a large influence on how they interact with people outside of their community.

To go even more specific it was the men that were the heads of the groups that almost always gave us the biggest problems when it came trying to get them to follow the laws in the recreation area.

Again, it's just my personal experience at a particular job I had. I don't dislike people unless they give me a reason to. And enough people of this particular religious sect did on a regular basis that I took notice.
I mean it's fine to add qualifiers but it just sounds pretty bad. Like it or not, religion is as protected a class as race or sexual orientation so when we start saying "I mean it's not ALL of them..." it's sounds...not great.

Again, not trying to trash you just an observation.

I mean it's fine to add qualifiers but it just sounds pretty bad. Like it or not, religion is as protected a class as race or sexual orientation so when we start saying "I mean it's not ALL of them..." it's sounds...not great.

Again, not trying to trash you just an observation.

I mean it is what it is as far as what it sounds like. It's just what happened. And as far as a protected class, that's what we did. We treated those folks just like we did everybody else, meaning they were subject to following the laws everybody else had to.

I'm not trying to trash Hasidic Jews in general. I think stuff like this happens more often wherever you have ultra orthodox sects of any religion interacting with people outside of their community.

I used to live in South Central PA and interacted with Amish people regularly where I worked. Generally nice people, but man do they treat their animals like shit. Mainly just through neglect because religiously speaking they view them like tools. Now that view while pretty terrible (in my opinion) didn't directly break any laws. What did were all of the unlicensed, Amish run puppy mills that the area was notorious for. Their particular religious view of animals came into conflict with the law in that case.

I don't know the tenets of Hasidic Judaism well enough to know if that for sure was what was going on in my case. But I suspect there is something about taking orders about how to behave from outsiders is frowned upon, and resulted in more negative interactions with them.

Back