Has Joe Rogan ever sounded so bored?

Rogan needs the UFC more than he thinks imo

what makes you say that? obviously his very public position with the UFC has been a big part of his success...but his standup, and even his podcast these days, are largely unrelated to that part of his life.

Rogan is also plenty wealthy. I bet his net worth is higher than all of the other commentators/analysts combined, and his future earning potential isn't nearly as reliant on his status with the UFC.

I don't think he 'needs' the UFC at all, at this point.

Joe's passion has to be gone now. Imagine you go into the greatest job ever... you had the most amazing experiences ever, made tons of money to the point where it meaningless now, had all of your boys with you for the entire ride...

and now they are all gone. you have to work more dates/hours. theres new management. you have a new team. it becomes a straight job. calling a fight like Stipe vs. Cormier, or Khabib vs. Ferguson, which Rogan might have previously been excited for has zero appeal, because he has to sit at the booth and literally just worry about calling it
Exactly that's why he likes doing fight companion when you're not paid to do something you do it for the love, and he does it from the comfort of his own home. Rogan is already on a light travel schedule. He won't go to Australia or Brazil or Europe anymore.. just north America. He's always going to be a fan but he wants to enjoy the product from the side of a fan, not someone who has to call a fight because HE HAS TO and is paid to do so.

You’ll miss Rogan when he’s gone, like most of you miss Goldie now. But yeah, he’s on his way out and he helped bring in Jimmy Smith as his replacement. Look forward to fight companions for every event with Bryan Callen’s cheese and wine and Edgy Brah’s conspiracy theories.

what makes you say that? obviously his very public position with the UFC has been a big part of his success...but his standup, and even his podcast these days, are largely unrelated to that part of his life.

Rogan is also plenty wealthy. I bet his net worth is higher than all of the other commentators/analysts combined, and his future earning potential isn't nearly as reliant on his status with the UFC.

I don't think he 'needs' the UFC at all, at this point.
Because his standup is highly related to mma. His shows in the towns of events are the only ones that seem to sell out. His podcast will be good for awhile but once he leaves it will slowly simmer away

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back