Has Islam surpassed Khabib yet? Comparing their careers

-Islam just beat Volk who is better than anyone Khabib ever fought.

-Islam on his way to defending his title more times than Khabib.

-Islam is capable of knocking out opponents unlike Khabib.

-Islam showed he can comeback from a loss, something Khabib was never able to do.

-Islam used his platform as a UFC star to condemn the Israel-Palestine conflict. Khabib stayed quiet about Russia-Ukraine

Okay you're reaching with that one lmao

Khabib took so little damage in his last few fights, he looked so good. Islam got beat up bad with Volk 1, but he's clearly not retiring early, so he will surpass Khabib.

He's 1-2 wins away from surpassing Khabib.

I think what Khabib had going for him was the superstar/it factor. He carried himself like a big deal. Also, outside of the Tibau, he looked unbeatable and arguably never lost a round.

Islam has been KO’ed and got smashed for a bit by Volk. Khabib has never been in real danger.

I do think resume wise, Islam is very close if not has replaced Khabib. He also seems more well rounded to me. He’s not as good as Khabib or j the ground, but has better striking.

Unfortunately for Islam, Khabib has entered into mythical status for a lot of people so he’ll probably need to defend several more times and win a second title to unanimously surpass him.

for me its not just about belt defenses but how dominant you were. Khabib never got dropped. Never cut. Never rocked. Khabib retired early but theres zero doubt in my mind if he didnt and could continue to make LW, he could have racked up 5+ dominant defenses.

Islam will likely surpass Khabib on defenses and thats great but it would take a lot to be seen as greater/more dominant. Islam has been knocked out and got dropped/beat on in the 5th round of the first Volk fight
What he could have done shouldn’t be part of any GOAT discussion.

Fact is Khabib took the ball and ran home. This sport is unforgiving and the chances of an upset are always there. Just adding 5 hypothetical defenses is ridiculous when someone has only 3.

Whats the fuckin rush?

<KhabibBS>

Back