has anyone won parlay following the bet picks MMA channels?

humperdoo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was watching some of them on youtube:

Shillan and Duffy for example
the MMA Guru
Bisping

which one did you follow that you won a parlay or almost won?

Guru is the best at picking, Bisping and Shilian are downright awful. DFS by the numbers is good, as is We Want Picks. MMA Experts is alright but he looks for excuses to back underdogs

If they were profitable they would be charging for their picks on BetMMA.tips.

None of those people are profitable IMO.

Just break-even at best types.

If you want to follow someone's tips in the hope of being profitable, just tail BigSteve's picks on here.

He is much sharper than the average public "punter" and currently posts his picks here for anyone to tail.

never in a million years, they're all trash at picking especially guru

im actually the best at picking dogs but im not giving my picks for free to you bums

If they were profitable they would be charging for their picks on BetMMA.tips.

None of those people are profitable IMO.

Just break-even at best types.

If you want to follow someone's tips in the hope of being profitable, just tail BigSteve's picks on here.

He is much sharper than the average public "punter" and currently posts his picks here for anyone to tail.
Why wouldn't they be charging? Two revenue streams are better than one. Also paying subscribers give them a very nice even revenue stream. Some of them have 2-3000 paying customers at 10 dollars each.
With that said WWP, Guru and Bisping are all horrible and I highly doubt that they are even break even bettors. But there are bettors in that space that are selling picks and have been profitable for years, so no need to doubt that.

speaking as a parlay guy. parlays are the most difficult way to win. You have to do crazy amount of taping and keep spreadsheets for fighters skillsets. i have a hard time believing that most people can win them when they do the bare minimum. in my hay day 2022 i was winning 3 a month. it took so much at of me, that i got mentally broken at times, would drink lots of coffee and developed some bad acid reflux. i have a difficult time believing any of the guys you mentioned will go the extra mile to look at every nuance and win constantly.

if you win a parlay, most of the time, it means you did your homework.

Why wouldn't they be charging? Two revenue streams are better than one. Also paying subscribers give them a very nice even revenue stream. Some of them have 2-3000 paying customers at 10 dollars each.
With that said WWP, Guru and Bisping are all horrible and I highly doubt that they are even break even bettors. But there are bettors in that space that are selling picks and have been profitable for years, so no need to doubt that.

How many people are profitable generally in betting lol not including live bets which you can easily lie about

I was watching some of them on youtube:

Shillan and Duffy for example
the MMA Guru
Bisping

which one did you follow that you won a parlay or almost won?

Most MMA content creators in the gambling space are losing bettors. That is because there is no way to give a pick or bet on every single fight to any reasonable degree of certainty. Look no further than Ian Parker, ESPN's "MMA Betting Expert", who cannot hit a parlay to save his life much less profitability.

Consistently winning bettors will hone in on certain spots and then put in the necessary time required to adequately research whether or not a play is the right one. Getting good, as with anything, requires a lot of time and energy to be invested; often with little immediate payoff.

I do not regularly consume his content so I cannot vouch for it but I agree with others that BigSteve is probably the best MMA gambling resource on Youtube at the moment. He definitely seems to put in the hours of tape study necessary to have a good understanding of the dynamics at play in every fight.

good luck

Last edited:
Cant say who is that good - sherdog's Duffy and Shillan is worth a listen, not really for betting tips but generally good points and discussion - but Chael Sonnen is basically pretty decent if you always bet against his picks.

Don’t just tail one persons picks

Watch tape …. Listen to breakdowns for things you might of missed yourself

Put it all together and trust what your eyes have seen and what your gut is telling you

And don’t force bets - gotta know when the best play is to pass …

Parlays are fun because you’re chasing big wins … but betting singles will build you slow and steady in the long run

I watch every single mma guru fight predictions. Highly recommend. Very helpful for betting, especially on prelims.

I have seen him get a perfect card at least once (I’ve never had a perfect night)

Pros: he watches fights of every fighter
-he is brutally honest and crutical
-he has good ways of articulating the mechanics plus the intangibles of the fights

Cons: he sometimes overlooks fighters shifting weight classes (not always easy to notice this on tapology/sherdog
-he sometimes just picks coin flip on wmma (unpredictable fights anyway)
-he gets carried away with his trash talk and sometimes underestimates fighters due to his dislike

He’s the best I’ve had to work with in years, I’ve followed him for 2 years now

I don't tail anyone because it's betting and in general people usually always lose overtime the only person on this forum who I ever really tailed and not blindly was @Sadistics because he was the only person who would post that would constantly win. This is not including the people who always win on live betting. And when I say I tail but not blindly if for example he liked toppuria and I also liked him if I was only going to bet 100$ on him I might make it 200$ now. If he liked Jones but I liked gane and I was going to bet 100$ on gane I might just make it 50$ now.

Back