Has anyone else lost interest in gaming?

I lost interest in gaming for years. I would still buy consoles and games to decorate my living room but either played the games 10 minutes or not at all.

Now in the last year, I've beaten so many games. I started back smoking weed and now I'm back into gaming. On my latest Elden Ring hero, I have over 100 hours of play time. Level 125 or so. I'm about to smoke up and play the game in a few minutes.

For me, the best games I've played in the last 20 years were the Wolfenstein remakes, Dark Souls, Demons Souls, Elden Ring, TomClancy Ghost Recon Wildlands.

If stuck on an island, I could get by the rest of my life with those games and Grand Turismo 2.

The passion to a large extent has died and I'm pickier these days but I'd say my interest has picked up a little steam in my older age whereas I lost a lotta interest in my 20s. So mixed. My lack of free time also has to do with it, I have a lotta stuff going on and other interests that have taken prominence as I've gotten older. My tolerance of filler is nigh nonexistent these days too, in any entertainment.

Back