Has anybody played NHL 18 yet?

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
If so what are your thoughts. I downloaded it last week, but I've been kind of busy and I just got a chance to play a game last night. It doesn't seem like a huge upgrade, but it definitely feels more polished control wise. There is also an arcade 3 on 3 mode that I haven't tried yet, but looks like it could be fun.

Keep meaning to pick the latest ones but but never get round to it, think 12 was the last one i played.

Keep meaning to pick the latest ones but but never get round to it, think 12 was the last one i played.

What system are you on? You can get a 10 hours of gameplay of the full game with EA Access on XB1, and NHL15,16, and 17 are included with the ($30 a year, or $5 a month) subscription.

I have had every year since about 10. I don't play online or anything, but I have a few friends that I get together with for beers and play head to head, it's a great game for that.

What system are you on? You can get a 10 hours of gameplay of the full game with EA Access on XB1, and NHL15,16, and 17 are included with the ($30 a year, or $5 a month) subscription.

I have had every year since about 10. I don't play online or anything, but I have a few friends that I get together with for beers and play head to head, it's a great game for that.

PS3/4, i have enough games in my blacklog that i need to get through first, so maybe by the time next years comes out i might be in a position to play

That's the last one I played I bought it and went to play but they left Wade Belak in the game so I shut it off and haven't played one since.

So I picked up my copy today and managed to do part of the tutorial before I had to leave for work. This is my first NHL game in a while so the stick handling with the right stick is very tough for me to get a hang of now. Especially wrist shots since you have to aim with the left stick while holding the right stick in a certain direction. Is it better just to change to the button commands?

So I picked up my copy today and managed to do part of the tutorial before I had to leave for work. This is my first NHL game in a while so the stick handling with the right stick is very tough for me to get a hang of now. Especially wrist shots since you have to aim with the left stick while holding the right stick in a certain direction. Is it better just to change to the button commands?

There is a hybrid control that lets you use the buttons to shoot and pass, it still has the option of using the right stick with this control option too; but there is no protect puck option on defense when you do this.

What I would suggest is putting it on auto shot aim in the options menu, this way you just have to choose between a slap shot and a wrist shot. I played like this when I first started getting used to the skill stick back in NHL 09, and once I got the hang of it I switched it back to manual shot aim.

Haven't played an NHL game in years been meaning to pick up 17 on sale though. Never buy a sports game every year. It's a waste honestly. Very little innovation.

Haven't played an NHL game in years been meaning to pick up 17 on sale though. Never buy a sports game every year. It's a waste honestly. Very little innovation.

I never used to either, but EA Access releases all of the EA sports titles with their $30 a year service. I get 10 hours of the new titles when they first drop (which usually lasts me a while) then several months later they will move it to the "vault" with their other games. In other words I'll probably get NHL 18 around April, after my hours run up on 18 I'll just switch back to 17.

There is a hybrid control that lets you use the buttons to shoot and pass, it still has the option of using the right stick with this control option too; but there is no protect puck option on defense when you do this.

What I would suggest is putting it on auto shot aim in the options menu, this way you just have to choose between a slap shot and a wrist shot. I played like this when I first started getting used to the skill stick back in NHL 09, and once I got the hang of it I switched it back to manual shot aim.

This seems like a very solid way to ease myself back into NHL games. It's weird that hockey has always been my favorite sport yet I've rarely played the games. I've bought and played more Madden games.

I could always switch to the NHL 94 controls, it was my first ever hockey game back on the SNES :D.

This seems like a very solid way to ease myself back into NHL games. It's weird that hockey has always been my favorite sport yet I've rarely played the games. I've bought and played more Madden games.

I could always switch to the NHL 94 controls, it was my first ever hockey game back on the SNES :D.

Nice! Blades of steel was my first, but the 16 bit era was the game changing pioneer of hockey games. It's when they first started feeling like more of a sim.

Back