Has Alex Surpassed Izzy's legacy?

Objectively, based purely on wins and losses, I would have to say no.

But what fun is thinking objectively in MMA? Alex is humbler, easier to like, more fun to watch, and has a better story. Adesanya is a mouthy cringelord who paints his nails and wears dog collars to face-offs. I didn't give a damn about him or his reign until Poatan came along and ended it.

(Have I said my daily "thank you" for that? Just in case I haven't, THANK YOU Mr. Pereira.)

Yes, Poatan will go down as the second greatest, most dominant, GOAT fighter of all GOATs, right after Islam.

Izzy plays in his safe weight class yet still defeated by Sean. Not trying for the 2nd time to win in the upper division.

Yoel is an Olympic medalist in wrestling. Are you experiencing a stroke? Also Brunson was an NCAA D2 All American.

Wanna try again?
Neither of which are great mma wrestlers. Gsp doesn't have those wrestling credentials and was leagues better as an mma wrestler (just an example that non mma wrestling credentials is not end all be all)

Alex 2-0 in Kickboxing
Alex and Izzy 1-1 in MMA
Alex has beat Jan and Strickland while Izzy lost to Jan and Strickland
Alex won the LHW title and has defended it while Izzy lost in his fight for the LHW title

The only thing Izzy has over Alex is his MW title defenses

Alex > Izzy

Alex 2-0 in Kickboxing
Alex and Izzy 1-1 in MMA
Alex has beat Jan and Strickland while Izzy lost to Jan and Strickland
Alex won the LHW title and has defended it while Izzy lost in his fight for the LHW title

The only thing Izzy has over Alex is his MW title defenses

Alex > Izzy
-Adesanya should've won the first kickboxing decision, and Pereira was saved by a standing 8 count when he was about to get finished in the 2nd kickboxing match. Credit to Alex for taking advantage of his second life with his punchers chance.

-Pereira was saved by the end of the first round in the first MMA fight as he was about to get finished, then in the 5th round Adesanya didn't have the benefit of being saved by a standing 8 count like Pereira did in the kickboxing match. Izzy showed his superiority in the rematch by winning the first round then finishing Alex in the 2nd round. Overall, Adesanya won 5 of 7 rounds in MMA against Pereira.

-Pereira's fight night weight against a 40 year old gassed Jan was 230lbs, while Adesanya was 200lbs against a non gassed 38 year old Jan. Adesanya was 34 years old with around 30 pro MMA fights against Strickland, which is usually when all top fighters are fading.

-Pereira has yet to prove himself against a good wrestler.

Adesanya > Pereira
<WhatItIs>

Last edited:
-Adesanya should've won the first kickboxing decision, and Pereira was saved by a standing 8 count when he was about to get finished in the 2nd kickboxing match. Credit to Alex for taking advantage of his second life with his punchers chance.

-Pereira was saved by the end of the first round in the first MMA fight as he was about to get finished, then in the 5th round Adesanya didn't have the benefit of being saved by a standing 8 count like Pereira did in the kickboxing match. Izzy showed his superiority in the rematch by winning the first round then finishing Alex in the 2nd round. Overall, Adesanya won 5 of 7 rounds in MMA against Pereira.

-Pereira's fight night weight against a 40 year old gassed Jan was 230lbs, while Adesanya was 200lbs against a non gassed 38 year old Jan. Adesanya was 34 years old with around 30 pro MMA fights against Strickland, which is usually when all top fighters are fading.

-Pereira has yet to prove himself against a good wrestler.

Adesanya > Pereira
<WhatItIs>
Cope

"last laugh" lol at treating real life like a video game boss fight. the past dozens of losses don't count, only the one win huh?

What are you talking about. Theyre 1-1 in mma. Poatan is 20 pounds heavier. KTFO'd him in their last fight.

I like Alex a lot more than izzy but no, Adesanya has proven himself against different style matchups and more good fighters, just because Alex has more wins over former champs like the GOATS Sean Strickland and Jawhamal hill doesn't mean his legacy is better, he still has work to do

Izzy has:
Whittaker 2x
Yoel
Poatan
Cannonier
Costa
Vettori 2x
Gastelum

Poatan has:
Adesanya
Jiri
Hill
Jan
Strickland

I think Rob twice, Cannonier and Yoel are more impressive than any of Poatan's wins, other than Adesanya ofc. Alex did do work in 2 divisions and got a second belt, which counts for something for sure, but he hasn't done enough. Before anyone says anything about "former champs" it doesn't get much weaker than Hill, Jiri, Strickland and Jan for champs lol, good fighters of course, but c'mon now

Adesanya is good but he was never on the level that Rogan said

He barely eked out a victory over a 60 year old Canderson Silva who was a shell of his former great self. He got severely outclassed by Strickland, outstruck by blachSLOWicz, journeyman Vettori gave him all he could handle. He really only looked good against a drunk Costa, and Whittaker

They're pretty even. Alex has 2 belts, Izzy has the 2nd most title defenses at MW, and had a great winning streak. Both are 1-1 against each other.

Alex Pereira, the greatest mma fighter of all time, he beat former champs like Schaub Strickland and Jawhamawl Hill, truly the GOAT of GOATS and P4P GOAT, CHAMA

Back