Has Alex Surpassed Izzy's legacy?

lol, Sean Strickland @ MW and Jan @ LHW (who fucked Izzy up) is cherry picking now? Ok dude...

Getting to skip the entire division to get #1 contendership fights in two divisions while guys like Belal, Leon, Islam have got to get on double digit winstreaks just to be considered.

Yes, of course he was cherry picked pathway. It’s pretty bizzare to act otherwise.

Aljamain Sterling was in the essentially in the same position as Alex. A defending champion that got KO’d and decided to move up but he was given # 8 in his new division not an immediate titleshot

Pereira is CLEARLY the recipient of favoritism

Last edited:
It is strange to even contemplate this but I actually think Alex has done it.

He is a much more decorated combat athlete winning belts in multiple weight classes in two combat sports.

He has beat Israel 3 times and twice by stoppage.

Izzy knocked out Alex but in that fight Izzy was getting outclassed.

He moved up in weight class and won the belt and then defended the title.

He ko Strickland, the guy that Israel got beat badly by.

Unless Izzy does something spectacular like moving up in weight I do not see him touching the legacy of Alex.
Izzy is sonic. Alex is shadow.

This is still the sonic show guys

It is strange to even contemplate this but I actually think Alex has done it.

He is a much more decorated combat athlete winning belts in multiple weight classes in two combat sports.

He has beat Israel 3 times and twice by stoppage.

Izzy knocked out Alex but in that fight Izzy was getting outclassed.

He moved up in weight class and won the belt and then defended the title.

He ko Strickland, the guy that Israel got beat badly by.

Unless Izzy does something spectacular like moving up in weight I do not see him touching the legacy of Alex.

I don't think so. Izzy fought against grapplers during his run. Alex hasn't , I mean Izzy body locked Alex and took him down and controlled him fairly easy .

I think people would jump off Alex bandwagon of he gets taken down , burned or gnp out. The problem is that his run lacks those grapplers.

i’d rather have poatan’s legacy than izzy’s. izzy has more defenses, but his mw reign is soiled by questionable / close decisions, and it is broken up with a loss at lhw, not to mention losses to poatan and strickland. meanwhile poatan got 2 belts, is up 3-1 over izzy, and is a respected fan favorite.
They're 1-1 in MMA.

Poatan hasn't even been truly tested yet against grapplers. All his match-ups have been against strikers. It's amazing he's managed to get this far without Gavin a single grappler of any talent.

I don't think so. Izzy fought against grapplers during his run. Alex hasn't , I mean Izzy body locked Alex and took him down and controlled him fairly easy .

I think people would jump off Alex bandwagon of he gets taken down , burned or gnp out. The problem is that his run lacks those grapplers.
I think it's wild how he's managed to dodge these grapplers tbh and get as far as he has.

Agree, we know sherdoggers would jump off the bandwagon once he was taking down and mauled on the ground by a wrestler or BJJ guy in the division.

Depends on how you look at things. Pereira as a combat sports athlete as a whole? Probably. But in MMA it's debatable depending on how much you value consistency/longevity over peaks. I would say Pereira's peaks are as high or higher than Izzy. Izzy clearly has the far superior longevity which imo counts for a lot. Pereira has some other outlier stats like how fast he rose to the top and actually achieved the belt, main eventing one of the biggest events of the UFC, double champ etc. But Izzy is undeniably one of the GOAT at MW. Neither of their careers are done and I would guess Izzy will leave the sport more gracefully as I think he would be smart and know when to hang em up while I can see Pereira maybe sticking around for too much longer than he should.

Izzy never fought Yoel.

Wikipedia SAYS Izzy fought Yoel but there is no evidence of that fight ever happening just some doctored videos.
They were really bad too. Just two dudes standing around and a taunt once in awhile. Clearly lifted from EA sports. The camera angles give it away.

They're 1-1 in MMA.

Poatan hasn't even been truly tested yet against grapplers. All his match-ups have been against strikers. It's amazing he's managed to get this far without Gavin a single grappler of any talent.
he’s been tested a little, by jan. he is good enough to survive, and seems to be greatly improved. i’d still rather have poatan’s legacy.

If Yoel fought Poatan and actually wrestled, that would be interesting. Joel would stay standing as he had no fight IQ.

Yoel's poor fight IQ was mainly a result of piss poor cardio as a symptom of already being 100 years when he even got to the UFC.

He was forced into being 'K-1 Maia' because he knew that actually properly using his olympic wrestling would leave him looking like Dada 5000 after a marathon.

Doesn't really matter. What's great about these professional kickboxer that turn to MMA is they are always fucking active unlike the other champs.

In 8 fights in the UFC, Alex already has a hall of fame career.

Getting to skip the entire division to get #1 contendership fights in two divisions while guys like Belal, Leon, Islam have got to get on double digit winstreaks just to be considered.

Yes, of course he was cherry picked pathway. It’s pretty bizzare to act otherwise.

Aljamain Sterling was in the essentially in the same position as Alex. A defending champion that got KO’d and decided to love I’llbut he was given # 8 in his new division not an immediate titleshot

Pereira is CLEARLY the recipient of favoritism
he still had to win those fights, and it's not like they were against cans. 62.5% (5) of all Alex's UFC fights were against top 5 ranked opponents and former/future/current champions. For reference Islam only has 2 top 10 wins.

Last edited:
Izzy is sonic. Alex is shadow.

This is still the sonic show guys
Only an Izzy fan could make that post and only Dreyga could like it.
<DisgustingHHH>
Alex has beaten more champions and former champions than Khabib at this point. Adesanya's best wins are Bobby Knuckles and Alex himself, and a past prime Anderson.

The story is already over and Alex has already surpassed Adesanya in multiple combat sports, unless Izzy miraculously gets off his couch and comes up to 205 to take Alex's title which we all know will never happen. I don't even believe he'll win the MW title again.

Reactions: lsa
Back