Social Harrison Butker: Doxed, Slandered and Calls to be Canceled for having Christian Views

Okay . . . I have to ask all of you guys something. If you choose to get married would you prefer that your wife (a) stay at home with the kids or would you prefer that she (b) continue with her career and leave the kids with a nanny, daycare, or other caregiver?

It's either one or the other. Don't give me any of this it depends on what we can afford or what our income is crap. There are plenty of families where mom stays at home and dad works his butt off to live paycheck to paycheck.

Maybe a mod can make this a poll . . .

My answer . . . A.

People can petition for people to get fired as a part of public push-back. I'm not sure what all the pearl-clutching on that is, because Chaya Raichik not only made doxing and getting people fired her entire online existence, she attained a public office in a position she is duly unqualified for because of it and you still have people here who share sh*t from her page to back their arguments. They're not mad about someone getting doxed or calls for them to be fired, they're just using this as an example to say that religious white men who have essentialist views of gender roles are the REAl victims.

I'm sure the Chiefs will likely wait to see if he had any negative effect that undoes the female audience that the Swift/Kelce relationship brought and then choose to sh*tcan him or not, and he will then become the next Gina Carano that the right claims he was targeted for his views as opposed to the idea that there were consequences for going on stage in front of cameras and opening his mouth about them.

lol at caring about the Swifties

hahahahaha... They'll be gone as hit as Taylor's future Break Up song about Kelce hits the charts... likely this summer

Wait. You're salty because he is proud of his wife for "embracing one of the most important titles of all: homemaker." Why does his praise for her making that decision cause you such anger? Is it because you've been lied to as well?

Women haven't been told the lie that the only way they can be fulfilled is to have a career and to push back against the traditional role a woman would hold in a marriage? They haven't been told they're lesser than if they choose to "just be a mom"?

It's gotten to the point that we have people in our society who don't think a woman can decide for herself that she can lead a fulfilling life as a mom. Society now bashes women who choose family over career while characterizing them as some abused stepford wife.

Speaking of his mom and sister, I'd love to see what they have to say about this . . . . I bet if you asked him about their situations he'd say he's proud of them for their accomplishments just like he's proud of the choices his wife made.

Not sure what Crowder has to do with any of this. He's not the best example of a husband or father from what I've seen.

Pre-determination? Seriously? He's speaking at a graduation ceremony where every woman graduating has already decided to consider some level of employment or career outside the home.

There are many of us from families where both mom and dad worked outside the home. Most of us weren't harmed by that. That in no way takes away from the fact that kids often benefit from a stay-at-home parent.

Yes, they can. And they need to be reminded that this has value.

Yep. And those who disagree with that are free to do so. But that doesn't mean he's wrong.

I do find it interesting that this part of his speech is being ignored:

To the gentlemen here today: Part of what plagues our society is this lie that has been told to you that men are not necessary in the home or in our communities. As men, we set the tone of the culture, and when that is absent, disorder, dysfunction, and chaos set in. This absence of men in the home is what plays a large role in the violence we see all around the nation. Other countries do not have nearly the same absentee father rates as we find here in the U.S., and a correlation could be made in their drastically lower violence rates, as well.

It has nothing to do with being salty because he praised his wife's willingness to forego her own career to become a homemaker. That has no meaning to me, specifically. What I'm "salty" about is his belittlement of those who choose not to do that as implied by his words. But nice attempt at a spin.

Women have absolutely NOT been told any lie that their ONLY chance of fulfillment is a career. What kind of BS is that? Women were told, as a result of the suffrage movement which was their own movement, that they CAN pursue a career without needing to feel some overwhelming guilt of not fulfilling their "divine purpose" as laid out here by Harry Bupkus. They have not been told they are lesser for choosing to be Moms lol There might be some people who say that here and there, but they dobt represent an overall social tone.

Of course he would say he is proud of the accomplishment of his Mother and Sister, because he isnt likely to include women who supported him as part of the ones perpetuating "diabolical lies" or whatever, because this speech was a political statement, which is why he highlighted the choice of his wife and neglected to mention the choices of the other two.

Crowder had his wife in the role of "Mother/kept woman." She did not work. Everything she did revolved around being his wife, the Mother of his children. These views are shared by both Harry and Stephen. Stephen has repeatedly echoed this exact same sentiment as many religious right wingers have, and they are also similarly anti-contraceptive (which Harry mentioned here) and anti-no fault divorce.

Yes, pre-determination. He spoke on front of women who pursued degrees, belittling the effort.

He is definitely wrong that choosing not to immediately become a Mother, or not to become one at all, is some egregious social lie.

Yeah we're not talking about the alpha-bro oriented stuff he said because the biggest blow-back was the essentialist crap he said about women. But I find it interesting to speak of male presence in the home...how many days a year do the Chiefs go on the road? Why didnt HE sacrifice his football career and take a job that could keep him right down the street? Or better yet why isnt he some kind of programmer or software engineer who could work remotely from the home? Plenty of that stuff going on now. Oh because it's almost like you can have a career and be a good parent at the same time, regardless of your gender..

Okay . . . I have to ask all of you guys something. If you choose to get married would you prefer that your wife (a) stay at home with the kids or would you prefer that she (b) continue with her career and leave the kids with a nanny, daycare, or other caregiver?

It's either one or the other. Don't give me any of this it depends on what we can afford or what our income is crap. There are plenty of families where mom stays at home and dad works his butt off to live paycheck to paycheck.

My answer . . . A.

We did both...

She stayed home until they entered Kindergarten, then went back to work

For those with children it should to the extent possible.

For those without children it won't.

This shouldn't be controversial at all.

You needed to draw a distinction here that wasnt made in the conversation initially. It was represented as suoerceding for EVERYONE, as in those without are doing something wrong.

You needed to draw a distinction here that wasnt made in the conversation initially.
I didn't need to do anything. It shouldn't have been something requiring a distinction.

It was represented as suoerceding for EVERYONE, as in those without are doing something wrong.

By who? @terrapin

The only one triggered here is you, psycho. Read between the lines. That's exactly what he's saying.

Why'd you skip over all of the other weird shit in the speech?

lol... no reply...

Shocking

Yeah I mean I dont personally care if they fire him or not. But suggesting people cant petition them to is a bit much. Yelp! Is full of people trying to get people fired and business shut down for a myriad of dumb reasons.

People don't go on yelp and say someone should be fired because they don't like what they said at a speech they were giving. It is about their actual service and product.

It is a bit much to ask for someone to be fired just because you don't agree with them on an issue. It is. People who do that are very weird.

People don't go on yelp and say someone should be fired because they don't like what they said at a speech they were giving. It is about their actual service and product.

It is a bit much to ask for someone to be fired just because you don't agree with them on an issue. It is. People who do that are very weird.
He is a really good kicker, he is not going anywhere. Deshawn Watson is still a QB and he had to pay off like 30 massage therapists for sketchy hand jobs/sex and he is an average QB at best.

My answer . . . A.
I don't have kids but I would go with A. Even without kids my wife is already talking about quitting her job to be a housewife.

I didn't need to do anything. It shouldn't have been something requiring a distinction.

By who? @terrapin
Definitely not me. I didn't imply that in any way and my post even directly said it was okay if a woman doesn't want to have kids.

My position is that if a person doesn't want to have children, they shouldn't do it. But also that our culture has lost the awareness of the deep and profound value that being a mother is.. we just hear way too many women with kids say I don't want to just be a mother. I want to do something important with my life... And I think a culture that says that more often or too often has lost its way.

If you can't sit with your children and be blown away by the profound depth and meaning available to you and the staggering level of responsibility it entails, then you're missing something as a person. Something deep and important and fundamental to being a human. Something more important than any degree, more important than any career, and more important than any accomplishment.

Any parent who's got their head on straight sees the profound responsibility and value that being a parent brings, and is filled with gratitude and happiness and fear at the challenge and weight of that responsibility. If you are not deeply challenged by being a parent, then you're not trying...

And that's why I think people who don't want kids shouldn't have them because they're not up to the task and shouldn't bother frankly and would be better suited in the workforce or in some other endeavor.

But my point is our society has stopped valuing parenting and mothers and has reduced it to some lesser position, lesser to some corporate woman working at a bank for instance and that is f****** crazy.

Last edited:

Dude, online business reviews are FULL of negative comments about staff and owners alike, including that places should be entirely shut down, and employees let go.

And no, it's not really a bit much, it depends on the issue and the job. If interacting with the public is part of your job and you say overtly racist sh*t publicly, as an example, and someone makes it known with proof, you can expect to get fired. Gina Carano had it in her contract not to stoke controversy that would negatively reflect on the brand, and she did it repeatedly. The Chiefs have a legit concern with Bupkus because much of their new fanbase is women, if he alienates that fanbase its going to reflect in the numbers.

No one owes bigots, misogynists, or all-around political loudmouths employment. Freedom of speech, not freedom from consequences. That said, I seriously doubt he will be fired. He just deserves the backlash.

People don't go on yelp and say someone should be fired because they don't like what they said
People who do that are very weird.
Dude, online business reviews are FULL of negative comments about staff and owners alike, including that places should be entirely shut down, and employees let go.

@Sinister Have been leaving reviews on businesses because you disagreed with their speech?

By who? @terrapin

I was arguing against the general notion that being a parent is THE thing to do for a human being to be considered "Godly" or whatever. As if God didnt make people incapable of bearing children, or there arent people who fulfilled what could be considered a religiously viable life without ever having born children. @terrapin initially sounded like that's what he was getting at, as if the decision to not have children is a moral failure. Its not, and suggesting so is absurd.

@Sinister Have been leaving reviews on businesses because you disagreed with their speech?

I haven't felt the need to, yet. But leaving a negative review is as much free speech as saying ignorant sh*t in public is.

I haven't felt the need to, yet. But leaving a negative review is as much free speech as saying ignorant sh*t in public is.
Gimme a link to your boxing gym. I feel the urge to leave a review: "The owner is a total soycuck. He despises Christians and hates his own country. Only go here if you want to be an estrogen fueled pansy. Do not recommend."

Last edited:
I was arguing against the general notion that being a parent is THE thing to do for a human being to be considered "Godly" or whatever. As if God didnt make people incapable of bearing children, or there arent people who fulfilled what could be considered a religiously viable life without ever having born children. @terrapin initially sounded like that's what he was getting at, as if the decision to not have children is a moral failure. Its not, and suggesting so is absurd.
No, I didn't sound like that at all. You just failed to read my post.

Back