Hardest kickers in kickfighting today?

If you put him against a heavy handed orthodox that doesn't kick back a lot i think he would do the same

Also I think its no coincidence that Kongsak and Samkor were both trained by Pele at Sitboonmee:

Superlek hits pretty hard.
Yeah, that is an understatement. He sometimes clinches a lot, but when he decides to strike, his strikes have crazy explosion and leverage.

Last edited:

Some of his kicks here look pretty damn hard too

Also I think its no coincidence that Kongsak and Samkor were both trained by Pele at Sitboonmee:

I love watching that fight, it never gets old. Watching Samkor kick the shit out of Kobyashi is incredible every time, jesus christ that guy kicks like a machine.

Samkor was probably a very good kicker, but why do we come to this conclusion almost completely off of what he did against hapless cans? I doubt he has status as a kick God if we only go by what he did against real fighters.

Samkor was probably a very good kicker, but why do we come to this conclusion almost completely off of what he did against hapless cans? I doubt he has status as a kick God if we only go by what he did against real fighters.
Samkor was known in the stadiums for his kicks just like Kongsak was. I think its their trainer pele and the way he holds the pads. It just feels so right when you throw a kick and he catches it perfectly. Watch out for the second guy:

How is Satoshi Kobayashi a can?

Samkors kicks look very powerful even in his stadium fights, we just don't see as much of them because they're constantly clinching.

Last edited:
Samkor was known in the stadiums for his kicks just like Kongsak was. I think its their trainer pele and the way he holds the pads. It just feels so right when you throw a kick and he catches it perfectly. Watch out for the second guy:

But he's regarded as a great kicker for what he did against cans. Nobody pulls up his fights in Thailand to show how good he was at kicking, it's always against these cans.

How is Satoshi Kobayashi a can?

Samkors kicks look very powerful even in his stadium fights, we just don't see as much of them because they're constantly clinching.

Alright, I just looked him up. Saw his fights with Samkor and Namsaknoi. Certified can.

Alright, I just looked him up. Saw his fights with Samkor and Namsaknoi. Certified can.
He's no elite fighter but i guess you could say anyone that loses badly to some of the best fighters at the time is a can then. Are all these guys that Kaew beat up cans? Was masato a can in his first fight with buakaw?

There are plenty of thais fighting so called cans but most of them are still not kicking the shit out of their opponents as badly as Samkor.

And as i said, his kicks still look hard as fuck in his stadium fights, he just doesn't throw them as often.

He's no elite fighter but i guess you could say anyone that loses badly to some of the best fighters at the time is a can then. Are all these guys that Kaew beat up cans? Was masato a can in his first fight with buakaw?

There are plenty of thais fighting so called cans but most of them are still not kicking the shit out of their opponents as badly as Samkor.

And as i said, his kicks still look hard as fuck in his stadium fights, he just doesn't throw them as often.

I take it this Kobayashi fella was mostly a kixkboxer? Maybe he wasn't a can at that, but he appears to be a can at Muay Thai.

I only forwarded random parts of the Namsaknoi fight and this Kobayashi was doing, or not doing things that suggest he's a can. Getting spun around effortlessly, ending up in poor positions, throwing off balance hip punches. Can type shit.

The hipster doucheyness is oozing. A hard kick is a hard kick weather it's against a can or a top guy. Samkor clearly has heavy impact with his kicks.

The hipster doucheyness is oozing. A hard kick is a hard kick weather it's against a can or a top guy. Samkor clearly has heavy impact with his kicks.

Why don't we talk about his kicks when the opponents are good? That's all. Tons of good kickers have come and gone but we don't view them like we do Samkor because they didn't fight cans in Japan. Woukd Samkor be mentioned in this thread if he never fought those cans? Of course not.

And I disagree with "a hard kick is a hard kick." Who you're up against surely matters. Why aren't streetball players all over the NBA? A crossover is a crossover. Whether it's against Billy or Lebron James, it's all the same. Mmm hmm

Last edited:
Back