Hardest hitting Heavyweights in boxing

Klitschko bros should be mentioned, both don’t get mentioned very often for their punching power

Also Joe Frazier probably hit a lot harder than people think. He had a similiar KO record as the more famous KO artists. But people forget that because his most famous bouts was against iron chin Ali.

Wladimir Klitschko needs to be in that list. No way in hell Ray Mercer ever hit as hard as him. Also Tommy Morrison’s left hook was as hard as any HW’s punch in history.

Ike hit really hard

Klitschko bros should be mentioned, both don’t get mentioned very often for their punching power

I never felt Vitali was one of the biggest hitters. Very heavy-handed, but not a true KO puncher. His combinations and consistent pressure tended to grind people down. Wlad is the kind of guy that can have a live body one second and a dead body the next, often, at the highest level, and even fighting in the most sickening carefulness. Way more prone to knock a good fighter off his feet too. If you compare their power to welterweights, Wlad is like a Hearns kind of puncher and Vitali is like a Margarito puncher (forget about the wrap scandal, for the purposes of this comparison). Maybe some of that is a misperception, because of injuries and a style change to arm-punch more, but I think there was always a significant disparity between them. Wlad is just much more concussive with single shots.

Good list, wrong forum. Liston may need to be higher, though. According to Larry Holmes, both Shavers and Gerry Cooney hit harder than Tyson. And Holmes never fought Foreman.
Even though Tyson left him unconscious?

Even though Tyson left him unconscious?

Uh, yeah. Holmes was in his absolute prime when he fought Shavers. He was much older and fat/out of shape when he fought Tyson--that's when he made his joke about laughing all the way to the bank (even after a poor performance). Tyson was able to touch his chin a lot more than Shavers, since it was a totally different Holmes that they fought.

Joe Choynski apparently hit hard.

James J Jeffries said he harder than anyone he ever fought.
Joe drilled him with a right hand and Jeffries trainer had to cut his tooth out of his lip.
Robert Fitzsimmons was maybe more recognized as a big puncher but would be a small HW.

Corrie Sanders and Bert Cooper could punch too. Probably harder than some of the guys listed.

Also why the fuck is that always ranked about 5 on these lists?

If you aren’t knocking out fighters like Everton Davis, and have draws with Monte Barrett and Hasim Rahman, explain to me how you punch harder than David Haye? Let alone the klitschkos. Tua isn’t in the same galaxy as some of the fighters in there.

Also why the fuck is that always ranked about 5 on these lists?

If you aren’t knocking out fighters like Everton Davis, and have draws with Monte Barrett and Hasim Rahman, explain to me how you punch harder than David Haye? Let alone the klitschkos. Tua isn’t in the same galaxy as some of the fighters in there.
Well the question here is power. Maybe he wasn't great but he sure could disintegrate a guy when he connected flush.

Back