Happy Trails Fidel Castro

That's a meaningless platitude without actually pointing to someone and something specific.
Being informed before having a strong opinion is a meaningless platitude?? Actually, it's just a principle, and principles do not require pointing to anything specific.

Being informed before having a strong opinion is a meaningless platitude?? Actually, it's just a principle, and principles do not require pointing to anything specific.

No, it's exactly what I said it is: a meaningless platitude without evidence of anyone/anything specific. Without that very important component, all you're doing is talking out of your ass, which wouldn't be unusual. What examples do you have? There is no contradiction between 'platitude' and 'principle', for the record. Your 'principle'/platitude is arbitrarily applied, which doesn't make it much of a principle.

Last edited:
No, it's exactly what I said it is: a meaningless platitude without evidence of anyone/anything specific. Without that very important component, all you're doing is talking out of your ass, which wouldn't be unusual. What examples do you have? There is no contradiction between 'platitude' and 'principle', for the record. Your 'principle'/platitude is arbitrarily applied, which doesn't make it much of a principle.
Do you need to look up the definition of principle before you continue this discussion? It sounds like it.

Do you need to look up the definition of principle before you continue this discussion? It sounds like it.

No, I've got a pretty good handle on definitions, but thank you. You might want to consider taking your own advice, though. Can you cite a specific example of what you were talking about or not? I suspect you can't.

No, I've got a pretty good handle on definitions, but thank you. You might want to consider taking your own advice, though. Can you cite a specific example of what you were talking about or not? I suspect you can't.
A principle doesn't need specific examples to be valid. Go look it up. Stop being lazy.

A principle doesn't need specific examples to be valid. Go look it up. Stop being lazy.

You're not too bright (but we knew that already). Your principle was based on the presupposition that the people offering their opinion aren't educated on the matter. That does require evidence. So the answer to my question is 'no'. You have no specific examples and thus no basis for your statement. It was, as I stated, just something you pulled out of your ass.

You're not too bright. Your principle was based on the presupposition that the people offering their opinion aren't educated on the matter. That does require evidence. So the answer to my question is 'no'. You have no specific examples and thus no basis for your statement. It was, as I stated, just something you pulled out of your ass.
Wrong. Pay attention or stop wasting my time.

Principle: Strong opinions should follow a strong understanding on the subject

Generalization: Most Americans don't know much about Cuba's history

Did I simplify it enough for you? Now you go ahead with whatever point you were trying to make.

Wrong. Pay attention or stop wasting my time.

Principle: Strong opinions should follow a strong understanding on the subject

Generalization: Most Americans don't know much about Cuba's history

Did I simplify it enough for you? Now you go ahead with whatever point you were trying to make.

Again, you're not too bright.

I said your principle was a platitude, i.e. a cliched stock statement. You (stupidly) told me that it was not a platitude but rather one of your principles, as if these two words are mutually exclusive (hint: they're not). I asked for a specific example of someone from this thread who criticized the Castro regime and didn't have any real knowledge about it. You haven't been able to provide that example because you didn't actually witness that happening. You would not have made reference to this principle of yours if it wasn't based on the erroneous presupposition you made about users here and Castro critics in general. And you can drop the act already. We know this isn't actually one of your principles (otherwise, you'd have very little to say). That would never be your response to someone criticizing Adolf Hitler. So I'll ask you again: What is it about this particular dictator, Fidel Castro, that makes him so unique?

Last edited:
'The literacy rate (under Batista), 76%, was the fourth highest in Latin America.'

'Mostly illiterates.' Typical liberal Canadian Castro apologist, no respect for actual facts. Inb4 you try and BS you're way out of that one by coming up with some cockamamie argument to prove a 76% literacy rate still = mostly illiterate.
Is this your typical alternative fact?

Perez, Louis A. Cuba Between Reform and Revolution. New York: Oxford UP, 1995
Education became accessible to a much larger segment of the population after 1959. The percentage of children enrolled in school in Cuba (ages 6–12) increased dramatically over the years:
  • 1953—56%
  • 1970—88%
  • 1986—nearly 100%

Is this your typical alternative fact?

Perez, Louis A. Cuba Between Reform and Revolution. New York: Oxford UP, 1995

Can you read? That's the percentage of children enrolled in school, not the country's literacy rate, you fucking dishonest moron.

Can you read? That's the percentage of children enrolled in school, not the country's literacy rate, you fucking dishonest moron.
And where do children learn to be literates if they don't enroll in school? Institute of Coolidge Alt Facts?

Hah! You're hilariously pathetic.

And where do children learn to be literates if they don't enroll in school? Institute of Coolidge Alt Facts?

Hah! You're hilariously pathetic.

Dipshit, stats about the enrollment of children != stats about the country's overall literacy rate. The fact that enrollment went up does not mean that the percentage that I gave was inaccurate. They address two separate things, you moron.

Dipshit, stats about the enrollment of children != stats about the country's overall literacy rate. The fact that enrollment went up does not mean that the percentage that I gave was inaccurate. They address two separate things, you moron.
Let's see, only slight above 50% of children were in school when Bautista was in power, and yet you were claiming a literacy rate of 76%. One of your alt facts isn't adding up. When you make shit up, make sure you don't make it easy for you to get exposed.

You're sounding kind of gotten to. Don't kill the remaining double digit brain cells you have.

Let's see, only slight above 50% of children were in school when Bautista was in power, and yet you were claiming a literacy rate of 76%. One of your alt facts isn't adding up. When you make shit up, make sure you don't make it easy for you to get exposed.

You're sounding kind of gotten to. Don't kill the remaining double digit brain cells you have.

No, dipshit, that's what PBS claims:

"The literacy rate, 76%, was the fourth highest in Latin America. Cuba ranked 11th in the world in the number of doctors per capita."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/comandante-pre-castro-cuba/

Your own source (Wikipedia) estimates that between 60-76% were literate. So even the most conservative estimate doesn't support that lie you told. "An island of mostly illiterates" You must be on that alt facts diet.

Last edited:
What a friggin random bump lmao. At the very least, seeing this thread on the front page reminded me of what an embarrassment Trudeau is.

Rest in peace you handsome bastard. He was a good looking dude underneath that beard.

b7d5e5f7458ed796a3d7d9b990f4a1c6.jpg

Got a bit of Liam Neeson look:

Fidel_Castro_1959.jpg

He looked better with the beard

Back