Happy Gilmore 2

No.
No.
And no.

They're fishing around for more 80s & 90s flicks to make sequels of, when the time for sequels is 20+ years too late.

Can anyone remember any of these recent sequels that were any good? Or just nostalgia bait? Dumb & Dummer 2 was trash from that I've heard.

Are fans of the original Beetlejuice really clamoring for the sequel?

So much this.

No.
No.
And no.

They're fishing around for more 80s & 90s flicks to make sequels of, when the time for sequels is 20+ years too late.

Can anyone remember any of these recent sequels that were any good? Or just nostalgia bait? Dumb & Dummer 2 was trash from that I've heard.

Top Gun Maverick

No.
No.
And no.

tumblr_pbqrkivcLc1rrkahjo2_540.gif

And Tim Burton directing with most of the original cast? It's at least got some soul to it

Top Gun Maverick

Gotta admit, I asked a question and I got the only correct answer.

I saw Maverick in IMAX and enjoyed it, but it felt like an 80s sequel released in the 90s. I enjoyed the experience but its not rewatchable, it was made for fans of the original without breaking any new ground.

Still 'nostalgia bait' and its one of the few good examples of it. The rest of the modern sequels to movies from 30+ years ago are straight trash, examples of studios only trying to make movies with built-in audiences... sequels, prequels, & remakes.

tumblr_pbqrkivcLc1rrkahjo2_540.gif

And Tim Burton directing with most of the original cast? It's at least got some soul to it

The last good movie Burton directed was Sleepy Hallow.

Wasn't impressed by the shots in the trailer.

Once upon a time he was a great director, but like Zack Snyder, he became a victim of his own success and got lazy as he became 'established' in Hollywood.

Stupid idea, plus can't have Grandma or Chubbs in it.

d03a84a7ab2ed831b333b6d397fd89ac.gif

The plot will obviously be him doing some sort of senior/masters tournament. But I can't imagine this not epically sucking.

Chubbs died in the first one so yeah duh.

Chubbs died in the first one so yeah duh.

You should read threads before you post in them. Someone already brought this up, and I already responded to it.

a2f05a89-0248-4f3d-b89b-4ad9ab54aa11_text.gif

This might surprise you, but I have seen Happy Gilmore. Chubbs died in the film, yes, and yet they still showed him later in the film, dead and in Heaven.

5a5934a8-ffc9-4362-9c31-f3ed5f7462d3_text.gif

You think if they were doing this and Carl Weathers was alive they wouldn't have him back? I mean, Sandler even put him in Little Nicky.

0161ac40-534a-4f29-a830-89591f2cd334_text.gif

c3fc2ca6-5ab1-4dc0-abfc-47e07b2dfd7d_text.gif

Now, for your punishment, repeat this ten times:

ac13c48a-8e59-47b9-a6b5-b4e9bb5f3423_text.gif

You should read threads before you post in them. Someone already brought this up, and I already responded to it.

Now, for your punishment, repeat this ten times:

ac13c48a-8e59-47b9-a6b5-b4e9bb5f3423_text.gif

You have to read the entirety of a thread before you post? Well of course you do you moderate a karate forum for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back