Hanging Extremely Heavy Muay Thai Bag

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So I am in the process of creating a home gym

I have a large 4x6 wood beam I plan on hanging the bag from.

What do you think is the best way to attach the bag to the beam?

My Bag is extremely heavy so it needs to be very heavy duty strong and secure. The best thing I can come up with to offer the most support from both the beam and the attaching point would be to just wrap a chain around it. Seems stronger to me than using a eye bolt etc etc.

anyone have experience with hanging really heavy bags?

How heavy is your bag ?

I have my 125lb Thai bag hanging from the rafters in my basement and I use a spring so there is no vibration when I kick the shit out of it.

So IMO...Get a heavy duty spring. It will take a lot of stress away from the beam.

How heavy is your bag ?

I have my 125lb Thai bag hanging from the rafters in my basement and I use a spring so there is no vibration when I kick the shit out of it.

So IMO...Get a heavy duty spring. It will take a lot of stress away from the beam.
I second this.

What is the wood beam attached to? Wrapping a chain around it sounds like a bad idea.

Get a wood beam mount. Something with a mechanism to absorb the shock.

i am not sure how heavy the heavy bag is, i am going to guess 150 lbs or so. I can lift it but its very hard.

I agree with the spring to take some of the load off the beam, still stuck on what type of support to use to attach to the beam.

Check out firstlaw fitness. They sell solid stuff. And promountings.

It's a worthwhile investment. And Jeff is a really great guy to do business with.

yeah that thing is nice, way too expensive, i can probably find something similar at home depot

ok guys so here is my set up, I am going to guess my heavy bag is about 150 lbs.

the wooden beam is 4x6, 12' long, supported by two 4x4's and the cross beams I made.

16865078_10212829617881652_2756254383294135089_n.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back