• Halloween H20 Twenty Years Later

• Halloween Resurrection

• Rob Zombie's Halloween

• Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

• Halloween '18

• Halloween Kills

• Halloween Ends

Results are only viewable after voting.
I feel like this may have already been posted. Maybe not. I don't really feel like searching for it, so I'll just post it again.

Miramax’s HALLOWEEN Series Is “Going Back To The Original Film”

Last Updated on March 18, 2024 by Angel Melanson

Back in October of last year it was announced that, after a heated bidding war with genre titans A24, Miramax and Trancas International Films had secured the TV rights to the Halloween franchise, and today, Miramax’s Head of Worldwide Television Marc Helwig brings us some intriguing updates…

Speaking with Deadline, Helwig reveals that the Halloween television series will be taking things back to the start, spinning off of John Carpenter’s 1978 original rather than David Gordon Green and Blumhouse’s recent reboot trilogy:

“The foundation of it is the original film, the John Carpenter movie, the characters of that film, and perhaps a group of characters that we haven’t really focused on that much in recent film versions or even in a number of them […] It’s a creative reset completely and going back to the original film, as opposed to spinning out of any of the more recent film adaptations.”
Considering there are thirteen movies in the Halloween franchise, stripping things back to the basics of the game-changing original could prove to be a very wise idea, given that the most recent reboot wrapped things up pretty neatly. Referring to Gordon Green’s trilogy, Helwig notes that: “I don’t think that is an opportunity to go off the back of that.”

Miramax and Trancas co-owning the Halloween rights also means that this television show could spawn an entire new universe of Halloween stories and characters. Producer and CEO of Trancas, Malek Akkad, has worked on Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later, Halloween: Resurrection, Halloween (2007) and Halloween II (2009), so he hopefully has a bunch of ideas up his sleeve.

It may be too soon to start speculating just yet though, as Helwig reveals that the foundations of the show are still coming together behind the scenes:

“We’re on a fast track, it’s a big priority for us. We’ve had lots of exciting conversations in recent months with a number of really talented people, and I think we’ll have a pretty good idea of what we’re going to be doing very soon […] We’re hoping to lock down the creative team very soon.”
Whatever’s in store for the Halloween show we’re excited – it’ll be Michael Myers’ first small screen outing, joining his slasher pals Chucky, who’s killing it over on SyFy and USA, and Jason, who is getting his own prequel series, Crystal Lake, via A24 and Peacock.

Nice, like we have all said make it simple, make it scary, back to the basics.

Awful news. The Halloween 3/Silver Shamrock factory is being torn down...

It's definitely a major bummer. I've been there probably 10 times throughout the years and been around the property itself all over. I've always loved going there. My most recent trip was last year and they were already in the process of fencing it off and starting to remove bits from it. I was lucky enough to snag an actual brick from the junk pile, so I have an official piece of Halloween history with me. HIII is definitely one of my absolute favorite films of the entire franchise.

The one thing that bumps me out to no end is the the plaque. There was an HIII plaque on the side of the building and I would have loved to have taken it, but sadly someone removed it before I could get it. (It was a flimsy plastic plaque that was sun faded, but it had some HIII info on it and was still super cool). I believe the wall it was on has already been destroyed so it would have likely just went down with the wall. Good on the person who was able to grab it. Just pissed it wasn't me.

Anyway, the factory was my very first filming location ever. That is, as an adult when I actually started to hunt for filming locations. (I know I've seen others when I was a kid, but it wasn't us going to see it because it was a filming location. It just happened to be there as we were doing something else). But as an adult with the goal of going out to see actual locations from the movies, this was my very first one. I still remember driving around the bend for the first time and my heart was freaking pounding out of my chest because I was so excited. It was pretty cool. (Nowadays, I've seen so many of them, it's hard to get me excited anymore. It has to be a pretty major location to get me worked up)

EDIT: Wow, he said he talked to the owners and they said they're not gonna tear everything down. Just what absolutely needs to be done. They'll try to preserve as much as they can. May even do an interview down the road with this channel.
<mma4>

Last edited:
It's definitely a major bummer. I've been there probably 10 times throughout the years and been around the property itself all over. I've always loved going there. My most recent trip was last year and they were already in the process of fencing it off and starting to remove bits from it. I was lucky enough to snag an actual brick from the junk pile, so I have an official piece of Halloween history with me. HIII is definitely one of my absolute favorite films of the entire franchise.

The one thing that bumps me out to no end is the the plaque. There was an HIII plaque on the side of the building and I would have loved to have taken it, but sadly someone removed it before I could get it. (It was a flimsy plastic plaque that was sun faded, but it had some HIII info on it and was still super cool). I believe the wall it was on has already been destroyed so it would have likely just went down with the wall. Good on the person who was able to grab it. Just pissed it wasn't me.

Anyway, the factory was my very first filming location ever. That is, as an adult when I actually started to hunt for filming locations. (I know I've seen others when I was a kid, but it wasn't us going to see it because it was a filming location. It just happened to be there as we were doing something else). But as an adult with the goal of going out to see actual locations from the movies, this was my very first one. I still remember driving around the bend for the first time and my heart was freaking pounding out of my chest because I was so excited. It was pretty cool. (Nowadays, I've seen so many of them, it's hard to get me excited anymore. It has to be a pretty major location to get me worked up)

EDIT: Wow, he said he talked to the owners and they said they're not gonna tear everything down. Just what absolutely needs to be done. They'll try to preserve as much as they can. May even do an interview down the road with this channel.
<mma4>
I'm pretty lazy when it comes to travel but this spot was always on my list. Hopefully enough of it stays up to still be worth going one day. Even without the factory, the entire town just seems like it would be fun to walk around and take pics. It looks like not much as changed since the movie.

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to travel but this spot was always on my list. Hopefully enough of it stays up to still be worth going one day. Even without the factory, the entire town just seems like it would be fun to walk around and take pics. It looks like not much as changed since the movie.
Oh absolutely. It's a beautiful place, as is Eureka just to the North of it.

Even if the is factory decimated, it's still worth going. The rest of the small town is beautiful, and there's a beautiful view from there all the way out to the ocean, which I think is maybe 3-5 miles away. But it's completely unobstructed all the way out and quite awe inspiring to look at. The sunsets are insane. But when the characters first drive into town, all of those other locations they pass by and see are still there and still look pretty much the same. So even if the factory becomes unrecognizable, the rest of it still will be. I'd say do it for sure. Get a room in Eureka and stay 1 night. That should be plenty of time to see everything in Eureka and Loleta. (I mention Eureka just because it's kind of the hub of that area and beautiful in its own right)

I've also been to the bar, which is down in LA, and it was funny because it was a woman bartender and when we walked in she asked if we wanted a drink and (probably stupidly) we said no, we're just here to look. And she said "Halloween III?" and we said yeah. Then she kind of left us alone, but it was funny because she looked at us like we were some kind of space aliens or something.

Last edited:
Nice, like we have all said make it simple, make it scary, back to the basics.
Like I get it. I totally see where they're coming from doing that. It makes perfect sense. But it's still somehow extremely disappointing to me. Maybe that's because the blumhouse trilogy did that and totally fucked it up. So I worry they're just gonna fuck it up again. Not only that, but as a fan of the OG movies (H1-H6), I want to see more stories from those movies. I'd like to see a direct continuation of H4, and a direct continuation of H6. I guess the only way to do that would be to make the show an anthology, where every episode, or every few episodes does something completely different, like What If stories (though all related to Michael). That to me sounds WAY more fun than just a standard continuation of H1.

I think another reason that I don't like it is because even if they stay in the 70s and continue on from there, modern Hollywood has proven incapable of portraying the past correctly. It's always the past through the modern day lens. That's not the way to do it. (In recent years I can only think of Tarantino and Scorsese making the past feel absolutely legit). So I don't really get excited thinking of the 2025 version of 1978 or 1979. Especially when it'll surely clash with what we actually see on screen in H1.

Again, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'll be totally blindsided like with Top Gun Maverick where it totally blew me away and exceeded all expectations. I can only hope. But I very, very much doubt it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back