Half Guard Sweeps

half guard sweeps are gay.

frame in the neck, knee shield, post with your other elbow, then hand, and get your trapped leg out to full guard.

frame in the neck, knee shield, post with your other elbow, then hand, and get your trapped leg out to full guard.

giphy.gif

Closed guard sweeps aren't anything, cus they don't happen :^)

I used to be all about closed guard a few years ago but I find it much easier to find sweeps from half guard then closed guard now. I feel like it's a more double edged position so you have more threats between sweeping and taking the back (and more risk of losing the position as well).

Well there are almost none half guard sweeps in mma. Hey just let me get to deep half I'll just grab your ass while you punch me in the face.

I used to be all about closed guard a few years ago but I find it much easier to find sweeps from half guard then closed guard now. I feel like it's a more double edged position so you have more threats between sweeping and taking the back (and more risk of losing the position as well).
When I say full guard I'm not referring necessarily to closed guard. For instance, the steps i've described is a valid path to butterfly.

Well there are almost none half guard sweeps in mma. Hey just let me get to deep half I'll just grab your ass while you punch me in the face.

Demian Maia's whole bottom game is based on getting the underhook from half-guard to sweep/take down.

Bottom closed guard in MMA at the moment is mostly hugging the guy while elbows rain on your face, it's not doing much better.

Bottom half is great to attack kimura and guillotines and use them to sweep, and when/if they defend those, go to deep, or dogfight, or back attacks. Half guard until the year two thousand and forever boyyyy

Yes half guard to dog fight or back take are good options for mma. Read my previous post.

Back