Gym Idiots Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the past few days, there really hasnt been anything to ridiculous at the gym, and then yesterday happened.

I understand and respect the concept of putting towels on benches, machines, or whatever youre using, but this was out of control.
He had towels on every machine and bench he was using on his circuit.

Last thing i had was just a light little cool-down on the pectoral fly.

This fool is just standing around it for like 20 minutes, just pacing back and forth.
Then he'd sit down on it for like 2 reps of wayyy too much weight, let out a scream, and just pace some more.

Headphones blasting.

I just went home lol

I was over around the dumbbell area when I looked up to admire my scrawny frame in the mirror and saw some Asian dude using a body bar, prolly around 7.5 lbs hitting himself around his waist then moved down to his legs then back up. The motion someone would make in a canoe paddling.

Another frustrating event just happened yesterday. The gym has two squat racks and four bench presses. Some fairly decent sized guy was standing partially in one of the unused rack performing what I suspect was a warm-up routine with 5 lbs plates. I thought I would wait around to ask if he was going to use the rack, but lost patience after 50 reps deep and no sign of stopping.

Went over to bench first, after I was done came back to see what was up to find the douche bench pressing in the rack. He had the stops set up to prevent any real full range of motion. The most astonishing think was it wasn't more than 185 lbs.

Since I am a pussy when it comes to confrontation I got the other rack to squat. But, hell it ticked me off.

I think its pretty plain to see that every sport has different requirements, and powerlifting itself is only sports-specific to powerlifting.

Ripskater, the tone of your post suggested that powerlifting was an active detriment to performance, as opposed to insufficient when not supplemented by sports-specific training. Thats where I disagreed - obviously we can can all agree that mobility etc. is very important to being an athlete.

Being stronger doesn't mean being worse in other aspects of athletic performance; and because of recovery constraints lifting takes more/less of an athletes training depending on their particular sport. Squatting is less important to a marathoner's training than a rower, even though both are endurance sports. But I think that the generalization should be to lift heavy, and the exception being made for sports that have an extraordinarily low focus on strength (instead of the reverse).

In the original post I replied to, that guy was not making that exception. And for sports like running and tennis, he was "putting down" the use of some training tools that can increase core strength and joint mobility in sports where those things are crucial.

Some girl was doing lunges on the treadmill while it was running. Same old lady with Victoria's Secret bra showed up again and in style but no chub from my part :D

The guy made a little joke. Very 'emotional' you yanks.

;)

Actually, I'm Scottish, with some Norwegian ancestry on my father's side. I do, however, have some American friends and therefor do not blame them for not finding the "joke" particularly amusing.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I didn't even talk shit about the yanks but they still got all butt hurt :S

I didn't even talk shit about the yanks but they still got all butt hurt :S

He's not American. He's Scottish with abit of norwegian from his dads side. However he does have American friends and wants to defend their honour. He is not amused.

He's not American. He's Scottish with abit of norwegian from his dads side. However he does have American friends and wants to defend their honour. He is not amused.

I'm quite sure my American friends are more than capable of defending their own honour. I was merely pointing out how stupid your assumption of my nationality was.

I'm quite sure my American friends are more than capable of defending their own honour. I was merely pointing out how stupid your assumption of my nationality was.

You spelt therefore wrong on your last post. Therefore it is my assumption that you are also stupid. Stop throwing a tantrum it was a joke.

You spelt therefore wrong on your last post. Therefore it is my assumption that you are also stupid. Stop throwing a tantrum it was a joke.

And that is your second incorrect assumption. You're not doing very well, are you? Here's a simple rule to help you avoid going Full Retard: make sure you have your facts straight before you post.

I hate to see some kids get bad advice that may hurt them or hinder them in athletics. That's one reason I post. If you disagree with me, that's fine. But you should say why you disagree with my post.

Didn't you read the picture?

Hint: This question should be rhetorical, in that you don't post again to answer it.

Edit: ZOMG!! I'm a green belt now.

Actually, I'm Scottish, with some Norwegian ancestry on my father's side. I do, however, have some American friends and therefor do not blame them for not finding the "joke" particularly amusing.:rolleyes:

Am I correct in saying that's spelt wrong? I apologise if I'm wrong.

"Therefor" and "therefore" are both acceptable, just like "spelt" and "spelled" are both acceptable.

Therefor is usually used in law or in a formal document. It doesn't matter anyway, fuck me it was a (shitty) joke. I apologise for upsetting knight, hopefully he can recover and live a happy life.

Didn't you read the picture?

Hint: This question should be rhetorical, in that you don't post again to answer it.

Edit: ZOMG!! I'm a green belt now.

Look man, I got nothing against you. So I don't no why you have to be an a** about it today. Why don't you just say what you disagree with instead of insulting me? The other guy(Danteali) had some differences with what I said. He aired his opinions and things were cool. You have good posts except for those two. You're better than that.

Look man, I got nothing against you. So I don't no why you have to be an a** about it today. Why don't you just say what you disagree with instead of insulting me? The other guy(Danteali) had some differences with what I said. He aired his opinions and things were cool. You have good posts except for those two. You're better than that.

he shouldn't need to explain it himself, it's already written in the stickies. Read them, they are full of gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back