Gustafsson quits training at Alliance

Gustafsson-and-davis-snuggle.png
no.... no...

I have tears in my eyes..

Regardless of what anyone says, everything is in Europe. All he needs to fly in are world class fighters and a good BJJ teacher. But Boxing, Wrestling, Muay Thai is all in Europe

Regardless of what anyone says, everything is in Europe. All he needs to fly in are world class fighters and a good BJJ teacher. But Boxing, Wrestling, Muay Thai is all in Europe

He already have world class wrestler and BJJ coaches in his gym Allstars. Muay thai and boxing guys can be found all over Europe! The Netherlands, France, you name it!

I don't get why people are so quick to call this a bad decision by Gustafsson. He did most of his camp in Sweden anyways before his fights before.

terrible decision IMO,

but we will see how it plays out.

Yep it makes sense. Everyone doesnt have to train in the US to be great. He's at a level where he can afford doing this at the comfort of his home. Something everyone who trains abroad would love to do 1 day

Seems like so many people who praised Davis are on a mission to discredit him something fierce all of a sudden. Stuff like this makes it nearly impossible to take MMA 'fans' seriously. Now, all of a sudden Davis was a non-factor in Gus improvement. Probably won't be long now before Gus 'fans' who were praising Davis after the win start calling him every name in the book and disrespecting him as a fighter if a bout between him and Gus is announced. Before you flame this post, ask yourself HONESTLY, is this behaviour fairly typical of MMA fans?

You know, about 3 or 4 months ago people largely ranked Gus over Davis despite Davis having a clean victory over him. It will be interesting to see what happens when they fight again

Yes.

That didn't go how you planned, did it?

No, it did. I remember you being one of the few people who didn't underestimate gus. However, if you bet on him before, I don't see why this would make you change your mind about him. He only ever spent like 1/4 his camp at alliance anyways, he has the wrestlers he needs in sweden. Don't be fickle man, support him!

No, it did. I remember you being one of the few people who didn't underestimate gus. However, if you bet on him before, I don't see why this would make you change your mind about him. He only ever spent like 1/4 his camp at alliance anyways, he has the wrestlers he needs in sweden. Don't be fickle man, support him!

This.

Let's see how he look for 3-4 fights before we start writing him off.

Going to be interesting to see if this has any bearing on his next performance, I'm also curious if Dana will be announcing a Davis/Gus rematch in the near future

If Gus doesn't fight Davis now... as a rule on shertard. He is ducking Davis.
thats exactly what jones haters think. I jones does not rematch gus immidiately then he is ducking so probably its same for gus's situation

Alex and Phil don't actually need to fight, but, I can see the UFC making them fight. It's always good having other contenders already queued up for champions to fight and Alex already more than proved himself and thoroughly against Jones (the champion). MOST people want an immediate rematch with Alex and Jones, others want one after he fights another top 10 guy (like Lil Nog, Rashad, Hendo) since Jones is fighting Glover next and it's already officially booked. I'd rather not see Alex and Phil fight, plus, Phil himself doesn't exactly sound like he even likes his own chances against today's much improved version of Alex Gustafsson. He's been quoted for the last 2+ years saying that Alex was coming for Jones and was a serious threat (even back then). I was one of the few that could slowly see this coming, and, sure enough, Phil was right.

Here is one of Phil's most recent quotes from his Vlog...

"Got The Swedish Mauler in today Alexander Gustafsson. Beating everybody up, probably breaking up our whole team. Punch

He is going the way of Shogun's training camps

Seems like so many people who praised Davis are on a mission to discredit him something fierce all of a sudden. Stuff like this makes it nearly impossible to take MMA 'fans' seriously. Now, all of a sudden Davis was a non-factor in Gus improvement. Probably won't be long now before Gus 'fans' who were praising Davis after the win start calling him every name in the book and disrespecting him as a fighter if a bout between him and Gus is announced. Before you flame this post, ask yourself HONESTLY, is this behaviour fairly typical of MMA fans?

Yes, it sure is a common behaviour. That said, itt I'm pretty sure those aren't the same people. People who downplay Davis' importance to Gus are most likely the ones who realize how little time they actually spent together versus how much time he spent working on his wrestling at home. People who attribute all of Gus' success to Davis are the silly ones.

Back