Gustafsson: one of the baddest LHW on the planet... How would the second Jones fight go nowadays?

He got outstruck by blachobitch in his last fight.

I don't know any guy whom has gotten more shitle tots and hometown fights and blew them all.

Glover is going to have him in tears again.

i think its not necessarily a physical lack of power, its that he throws short punches in combinations to land faster

his hand speed and chin are what carry him. hes a brawler who blocks strikes with his face, but he has good power and throws punches in fast succession, so he overwhelms people. he forces them to deal with 8734984723978 punches to stifle their own offense

if he doesnt have his iron chin, he wouldve been ko'd by the strikes he took from jones, shogun, jan and maybe manuwa

he rarely blocks punches with his arms, and just keeps punching instead. thats dangerous against strikers like rumble who have the power to knock him out, but low power volume strikers like jones have no way to strike him off and keep him at bay. jones landed a ton of headkicks but gus just kept punching through them

look how his instinct is to just keep punching while taking shots that would ko most fighters. he doesnt even try to block when hes getting hit
shogun%2B1.gif

O8Dq6.gif

when he finished manuwa, it was the same thing, he rushed in with 0 defense but kept punching with so much volume that manuwa got overwhelmed didnt fire anything back. gus even led with a rear hand uppercut, with his left hand down by his waist, absolutely 0 defense.
1-1-1.gif

i think thats why his 5 round decisions are such wars. its very exciting to watch him wade through a firestorm to land his own combinations
lol @ his poverty front flip in the end

Keep in mind Gus was out for almost a year before he fought Jan. He looked rusty and like his timing was off. Plus, Jan is a tough guy. Manuwa, Corey Anderson, and Patrick Cummins also beat him via decision. Its not like Jan is some bum who gets finished by everyone he faces.

Gus took the smart path to victory, which I can't blame him for. That was truly a must win fight for him and that was a clear path to victory. Fuck the haters, Gus is awesome.

I'm considered a Gus hater on here because I got in all sort sorts of forum fights because I felt DC deserved to fight Jones instead of Gus getting a rematch.

With that said. Styles make fights, and I'd pick Gus over Jones in a rematch.

Last edited:
Gus should start easy when attempting to avenge his many loses to top fighters.

First he should go to Bellatore and take a crack at avenging his loss to Mr. Wonderful, who submitted him with one hand.

He can then retire, or if he manages to win, return to the UFC as Bellatore champion and justify a shot at the rest of the top 5 (Rumble, Cormier, Jones) who also have vanquished him.

Gus has a lot of avenging to do

I'm considered a Gus hater on here because I got in all sort sorts of forum fights because I felt DC deserved to fight Gus instead of Gus getting a rematch.

With that said. Styles make fights, and I'd pick Gus over Jones in a rematch.
You mean "DC deserved to fight Jones", right?

He did not look that good in his last fight at all.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Glover beats him.

He has no top 10 wins
His greatest accomplishment is going to war with Jones.

Glover has a good chance of beating him

he looked awful in his last fight, resorted to panic wrestling.
let's see how he looks against Tex.
i am hoping for a resurgence of the Mauler to ignite some much needed fire into the LHW division.
Gloer didn't look any better, I think Alex gets the win

i just wonder how serious alex is about fighting. i wonder if he trains constantly and is hungry. it doesn't seem so. i think he can improve greatly and be one of the best ever but he seems like he only fights because it makes him money and he can coast and still be a GOOD fighter but not a GREAT.

Back