Gus willing to replace Stipe or DC at HW

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Timestamped.

A bit more about it at around 2:30

Cliffs:
Says he's staying ready, and will step up to fight Stipe or DC if one of them falls out of the fight.
Says he gets up to 240lbs in camp and feels good being heavier, feels like he "moves like never before" feels quick and strong .

Does he have what it takes, strong chin even at heavy weight? Will his footwork and boxing speed be enough?

When the fuck is he gonna just sign to fight someone? Closing in on a year next month since his last fight.

No point in DC taking a nontitle fight, and no reason for Stipe to take a non HW contender or a non-champ LHW

gus needs to actually fight. Losing to both champs via split dec doesn’t mean you automatically get title shots for the rest of your career. Even in the dead lhw division. I’d like to see volkan ko him so he’d actually shut up and earn a shot

Why does Gus think he's entitled to a title shot when he hasn't fought for close to a year and his record being 3 - 3 in the past five years ? ,

Is this the case of delusions of grander or something ? close fights are not the equivalent of actually defeating someone as Gus is implying.

Gus's best wins are a past his prime Rua and a Teixeira with more miles than a Volvo , fuck man.

I like Gus as a fighter, but he can fuck right off with this shit

When the fuck is he gonna just sign to fight someone? Closing in on a year next month since his last fight.

He just signed a new contract after what I assume was a bit of a back and forth tussle.I can't stand that shit.As a fan I just wanna see the guy fight but hey,you gotta play the game and stand up for yourself I guess.UFC can be sticklers =/ an entertaining elite fighter,especially in the weakest men's division shouldn't have to hold out for anything.

2-2 at lhw in his last 4 ya he def deserves a HW title shot

He could have fought DC this month, but DC left the division. He is healthy and ready to fight but there is no-one to fight unless you want to see him vs some cans.

Should have kept Bader and let Gus go to Bellator. Fight or shut the fuck up.

Smart.

With the number of injuries lately it’s better to get his name out there early rather than late.

In a round about way, this shows how shallow the hw and lhw divisions are.

of course

loses at HW
still gets a shot at LHW

Back