Gus is ready to start training camp soon, who wins the rematch between him and DC?

I think Gus gets it done. DC had a hard time taking Gus down before. Since then Gus has improved and DC has gotten older. It will be a great fight, but I got Gus by 4th rd TKO.

Anyone's fight. DC is pretty old, and Gus might come in better than ever.

DC got the better of him the first time, but it's hard to say if he has another war like that in him. A different strategy maybe?

I wish Gus had fought more on the way to his shot though. Can't deny he's the toughest test in the division, but man is he getting title shots with low-effort.
Agreed. He even had a title shot coming off a loss. WTF!?

Maybe he does extra favours behind the scene

I normally don't believe a 40 year old can be the slightest competitive against a 30 year old in a fight. Especially not when the old guy is proven to have testosterone levels in the lower range of the normal... but DC somehow still outpower his opponents and wins decisions every time, so I will go with that.
These testosterone levels maybe the key....;)

Agreed. He even had a title shot coming off a loss. WTF!?

Maybe he does extra favours behind the scene

Considering UFC should have gave him an instant rematch against both Jones and DC, they still owe him one title shot even if he doesnt do anything for it. He got one title shot for free when Bader should have got it and has been robbed two rematches so far.

Why would Gustafsson get a title shot? He hasn't fought recently.
I disagree with this.
Even OSP has a better claim to a shot if he wins against Shogun.

I've never understood this Gus hate I see sometimes in these kind of threads. What's wrong with y'all?

Is it because he's blonde and not craving for attention (like the so called "stars")? I mean... really?

His fights with Jones and DC alone should be enough for people to get hyped for Gus fights IMO.

We know he can push them to the limit, and I've not seen that from other LHW's. Rumble was the other one who could have done it, but unfortunately he just gave up.

1st fight was really close and Gus looked in top form in his last fight. I think he has a good chance

Fan of both but will be rooting for Gus. However, I haven't really seen Gus improve much these last couple of years. He doesn't handle pressure that well but who knows, maybe the time off has helped to fix some holes. Hopefully he now knows how to avoid the clinch and not block uppercuts with his face.

Back