Gus demands interim title shot !

Gus winning the war of attrition...

Division is such a wasteland that in spite of never fighting he does actually deserve a shot

He beat all the other contenders and his fight with DC was close enough to warrant another shot

No interim belt though, take a fight in the mean time or just shut up and wait

Shut the fuck up Gus, DC just defended his belt.

I used to like Gus, now he's becoming more and more of a whiny entitled fighter.
He'd been entitled his whole career.

I think he earned his title orginal TS (and Jones had beaten everyone else already) but since then he's the second most entitled fighter behind McGregor.

3 things have really annoyed me about Gus:
Got a TS coming off a devastating loss to Rumble.

Since his fight with Shogun he has literally fought 1 time every calendar except for 2015 when he fought twice in 1 calendar.

And the guy doesn't have any marquee wins only marquee losses. The guy has gained more in losing than he had ever in winning. He's still riding the coattails of his 2013 loss to Jones.

Fucking fight Volkan, win and then talk about fighting for a TS.

Anyone who have followed Gus over the years should be able to read through the lines here.

Gus is an elite fighter in a severely damaged and shallow division. As an athlete in his position, it's dumb to just fight "anyone, anytime", especially when he's the no.1 contender in his division. What options does he really have at 205 that gives him the money/recognition he deserves?

He has already fought most of the fighters in the top 10, and the rest is either booked or part of his camp (Latifi & Manuwa). He's actually in a pretty rough spot, which kinda reveals itself when he desperately tries to talk smack.

With that said, he should really pursue the fight with Rockhold. It's a relatively big name and very winnable.

Didn't Gus have surgery a few months ago? It's weird for the recently injured to demand an interim belt rather than be threatened by one.

Get shogun a win and give him the shot vs Gus

I love Gus but the dude sat on the side lines quietly this entire time and then all of a sudden calling DC out when he heard he's moving up.

I wish Shogun could knock him out but I don't think it's possible

This probably has more to do with the fact that dc is moving up to heavyweight, putting the division on hold indefinitely, than with gustafsson being "entitled". At this point, no one even knows if cormier is coming back, so the mauler just wants to put himself in prime position to be undisputed champion when/if the situation arises where dc chooses to stay at hw or retires.

Gus got a TS over Bader, right after getting mugged in the first round, yet he's still the most entitled fighter on the roster. Up there with Cat "I once beat Amanda Nuñes" Zingano and John "I got a sketchy TKO over TJ 6 years ago and that is the pinnacle of my career" Dodson.

Not this one Gus.......but maybe the next one if DC isn’t back soon

Gus gets on my damn nerves. Hes like that ex girlfriend who can't get over you and keeps sending you "I miss you" texts.

He'd been entitled his whole career.

I think he earned his title orginal TS (and Jones had beaten everyone else already) but since then he's the second most entitled fighter behind McGregor.

3 things have really annoyed me about Gus:
Got a TS coming off a devastating loss to Rumble.

Since his fight with Shogun he has literally fought 1 time every calendar except for 2015 when he fought twice in 1 calendar.

And the guy doesn't have any marquee wins only marquee losses. The guy has gained more in losing than he had ever in winning. He's still riding the coattails of his 2013 loss to Jones.

Fucking fight Volkan, win and then talk about fighting for a TS.

Gus knows he's not top 3 material which is why he always wants a title shot to avoid losing. Volkan beats him, and easily.

I get it. With DC moving up to fight Stipe and talking retirement soon, added to the fact that Jones may somehow slip his way back into the picture in the next year or so, why not? He's ranked number 1 and has already beaten the number 3 and 4 ranked guys. I hate interim titles as much as the next guy but I understand why he's asking for one.

Come on man, you never had one of those

Your mom disagrees.

giphy.gif

Back