Media Gunnar Nelson says he will be help in Conors camp if he fights Khabib again

Lol Bring in whoever, still don't change the fact khabib smashes him 10/10 times.

Benson Henderson would be a big help.

He did about as well as he could in the grappling department,any changes would have to be in stand up strategy if he is to get a better result.

He did about as well as he could in the grappling department,any changes would have to be in stand up strategy if he is to get a better result.
Yes, i was impressed by his ability to stop the GNP by Khabib as we are use to seeing Khabib absolutely pound his opponents at will. Conor only had once instance where he was suffering real hard GNP, other than that on the ground he was just getting absolutely handled. A change in game plan on the ground would help as he and his coaches even said it was a mistake to be so defensive and offer no offense at all

Would defs help with the submission aspect, Gunner placed Silver medal 9 year ago in the world championship for Jiu Jitsu as a brown belt

Nice teammate, but he probably wouldn't help and fill in the holes where Danis couldn't.

This is going to be a good scrap. I'm about 50/50 on whether Gunnar or Cowboy Oliveira will take it.

Yes, i was impressed by his ability to stop the GNP by Khabib as we are use to seeing Khabib absolutely pound his opponents at will. Conor only had once instance where he was suffering real hard GNP, other than that on the ground he was just getting absolutely handled. A change in game plan on the ground would help as he and his coaches even said it was a mistake to be so defensive and offer no offense at all

The defensive strategy which they were speaking of was regarding the stand up... Perhaps something can come from attacking a little more and risk a couple of extra takedowns, perhaps we'll see more of the same. I'm unsure if we will find out though.

The defensive strategy which they were speaking of was regarding the stand up... Perhaps something can come from attacking a little more and risk a couple of extra takedowns, perhaps we'll see more of the same. I'm unsure if we will find out though.
No it wasn't. Look at the true Geordie podcast and Conor's instagram post

Conor threw a bloody flying knee on the first takedown attempt and a superman punch, how is that being too defensive.
Did you watch the fight, Mcgregor didn't even do anything offensive really in that fight when he was on the ground

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 12.32.23 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 12.32.23 pm.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
Lol Bring in whoever, still don't change the fact khabib smashes him 10/10 times.

I think Gunnar is a terrible match up for Khabib. Even more so than Ortega. Khabib ain't Maia on top.

Khabib is a terrible match up for Conor. Gunnar is really underrated right now, but this guy has all the potential in the world.

I don't see how his skill set benefits in any real significant way. His approach to offensive grappling is nothing like Khabib's. Conor needs to train with a relentless grinder. Someone with heavy offensive wrestling. Gunner is neither.

That said, I'm not interested in even watching a rematch at this point. Conor had little to offer Khabib, and ultimately folded. Khabib v Tony or the UFC is wasting our time.

Gunnar cant fix that. Conor doesn't train anymore, just drinks and does drugs. He needs to fix that stuff before he can become a top fighter again. Which he won't.

DC made a great case for why Khabib would beat Conor 100 times out of 100.

He basically said that Conor did everything right in that first round, and forced Khabib to go to great lengths to get the positions he wanted. So if Conor did everything right, and still got strangled, what else is there for him to do? A well-timed strike is what he has to look for.

Maybe he should train with Jon Jones and learn to defend eye pokes. Dude never got his career on track. Can't even get a win streak against #10s.

Gunnar Nelson is a failed prospect.

Need someone like in Rocky III. Return the eye of the tiger...

Back