News Gundam Franchise Earns Over 145 Billion Yen In Bandai Namco's Fiscal Year 2024, Becomes Most Profitable Anime IP In Japan

The Elemental O

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Bandai Namco Holdings released its financial report for the fiscal year of 2024 (which ended on March 31) on Thursday, reporting that the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise, the iconic Mecha Scifi Anime franchise that began with the first Mobile Suit Gundam series in 1979, earned a total of 145.7 billion yen (about US$934.78 million) during the year, setting an all-time highest sales record for the franchise. Bandai Namco Holdings forecasts that the franchise will earn 145.0 billion yen in the fiscal year ending in March 2025.

Reports credit the success of both Witch from Mercury, the first Gundam anime series with a female protagonist that gained popularity among younger viewers and Gundam SEED Freedom, the film sequel to both Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny that became the highest grossing film in the franchise, driving much of that profit growth.

This recent profit surge helped the Gundam became the most profitable Anime IP in Japan, beating Dragon Ball that achieved 140.6 Billion Yen, DB's winning streak ending after a 6 year dominance.

Is this one of thoses chinese cartoon like pokeman and dragon ball?

Bandai Namco Holdings released its financial report for the fiscal year of 2024 (which ended on March 31) on Thursday, reporting that the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise, the iconic Mecha Scifi Anime franchise that began with the first Mobile Suit Gundam series in 1979, earned a total of 145.7 billion yen (about US$934.78 million) during the year, setting an all-time highest sales record for the franchise. Bandai Namco Holdings forecasts that the franchise will earn 145.0 billion yen in the fiscal year ending in March 2025.

Reports credit the success of both Witch from Mercury, the first Gundam anime series with a female protagonist that gained popularity among younger viewers and Gundam SEED Freedom, the film sequel to both Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny that became the highest grossing film in the franchise, driving much of that profit growth.

This recent profit surge helped the Gundam became the most profitable Anime IP in Japan, beating Dragon Ball that achieved 140.6 Billion Yen, DB's winning streak ending after a 6 year dominance.

Almost $1 billion USD in one year for Gundam? More like Gun-damn!

I remember the first time I watched Gundam Wing on Toonami. I’ve been enamored ever since.

The Witch of Mercury was horrible. Can't believe so many people enjoyed it. IBO was amazing though.

I haven't seen Witch of Mercury yet, but it made a bunch of chuds mad, so I'll give it a chance at some point.

Must be their toy line including all of Bandai's Gapachon capsule toys. They are everywhere in Japan. Even in California they have it at some Japanese Supermarkets and Japan Town. A lot of Gundam options you can build.

I haven't seen Witch of Mercury yet, but it made a bunch of chuds mad, so I'll give it a chance at some point.

It's horrible. I don't even care about the MC being a female and all that. The show and it's story just doesn't make sense at all. I wont spoil it but wait till you see.

Although I could be wrong because it's rated very highly so maybe you will enjoy it but I couldn't stand it.

It's horrible. I don't even care about the MC being a female and all that. The show and it's story just doesn't make sense at all. I wont spoil it but wait till you see.

Although I could be wrong because it's rated very highly so maybe you will enjoy it but I couldn't stand it.
People who use the word "chud" seem to like it, that's why I didn't watch it.

People who use the word "chud" seem to like it, that's why I didn't watch it.

Yea I wanted to like it I really did. I thought the animation look good. The MC is likeable and so are the other characters but the plot is just stupid as hell and makes no sense.

I just saw a Perfect Grade Gundam RX-78 model kit for something like $399 at the local store.

I just saw a Perfect Grade Gundam RX-78 model kit for something like $399 at the local store.
There was a kiosk at the mall like 25 years ago that had a Perfect Grade Wing Gundam with the angel wings for like $250. I asked my mom if I could get it for my birthday and she was like

<{MingNope}>

Gundam has always been woke AF but perverted at the same time. It’s hilarious that it is a huge money maker now.

Thought Gundam days were long ago, seems i was wrong lol

Back