• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gun prices?

JohnPJones

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
With renewed gun control talk in the US, just wondering if anyone is seeing rising costs for firearms in their area.

So not the time to sell an AR I’ve been unhappy with then?
No, if anything, gun stores are dealing with a glut of firearms. Guns i havent seen in stock in years are coming in constantly. During COVID, you had like 2-5 million NEW gun owners. Half of them are not selling off the guns they panic-bought during the summer riots and pandemic, while current stock isnt moving anywhere because inflation and gas prices have slowed purchasing.

basically, everyone wants to sell me a gun but nobody is really buying, so inventory is WAY up but spending is down cause nobody is buying whats already available. i got guns im selling at basically 5% margin just to get rid of aging stock. Need a 45kt gold Thompson that MSRPs for almost 4k for only $2800? hit me up lol.

This ain't 2012. Most people who got caught with their pants down back then have steadily stocked up since. Add in the last few years of covid panic as well.

No, if anything, gun stores are dealing with a glut of firearms. Guns i havent seen in stock in years are coming in constantly. During COVID, you had like 2-5 million NEW gun owners. Half of them are not selling off the guns they panic-bought during the summer riots and pandemic, while current stock isnt moving anywhere because inflation and gas prices have slowed purchasing.

basically, everyone wants to sell me a gun but nobody is really buying, so inventory is WAY up but spending is down cause nobody is buying whats already available. i got guns im selling at basically 5% margin just to get rid of aging stock. Need a 45kt gold Thompson that MSRPs for almost 4k for only $2800? hit me up lol.

Good info! I'm in California so we can only buy 1 gun in 30 days (certain types). I have to wait another 20 days to get an AR and I was worried they'd either all sell out by then, go up in price, or get banned outright.

So maybe now is the time to try to get some good deals? :) - Can only get 1 gun per 30 days here, but I can get unlimited private party transfers.

Good info! I'm in California so we can only buy 1 gun in 30 days (certain types). I have to wait another 20 days to get an AR and I was worried they'd either all sell out by then, go up in price, or get banned outright.

So maybe now is the time to try to get some good deals? :) - Can only get 1 gun per 30 days here, but I can get unlimited private party transfers.
its an excellent time. Distributors that wouldnt look at me twice a year ago are blowing up my phone offering me 'sweet deals' on expensive stuff because their regular 'go to' guys simply arent buying right now. So yeah, i do a little back scratching, buying up M249S and Barrett .50's that my dealers cant unload. i then sell them at basically 100 bucks more than i paid for them which normally isnt worth the effort but at least gets me some clout in various buyers markets.

I think the brick and mortar LGS model is getting hit extremely hard. I have a very niche clientele so its not so bad for me but stores that survive on selling handguns and non-custom AR's and firearms are either seeing the walk in traffic disappear or they are selling all their stuff online through Gunprime, gun.deals, and gunbroker. the online scene is kinda where its at atm

I live about 25 miles from what's supposedly the largest gun store in the world (Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna, GA). The owner was interviewed yesterday on the local (Atlanta) news and said AR15 sales have tripled since Thursday night. Thanks, Brandon!

This ain't 2012. Most people who got caught with their pants down back then have steadily stocked up since. Add in the last few years of covid panic as well.
Yeah, this is nothing compared to after Sandy Hook. I had a complete lower from PSA that I paid $250 for and sold it for $750. I still regret not selling my 6920 + Aimpoint for $3k when I had the chance. :(

Gun dealer here. prices remaining stable and mostly dropping. especially ammo
How much are y'all charging for 20 rounds of XM193 nowadays? It's basically $12.99 here everywhere regardless of brand, used to be half that before Covid. 50 rounds of 115gr 9mm brass FMJ used to be $10, now it's at least $20 everywhere (I stopped buying steel case ammo because the ranges around here ban it for some reason).

Seems to be a premium on some stuff that maybe on the chopping block like braced pistols and some of the more high end stuff from what I can see online as of 3 minutes ago.

How much are y'all charging for 20 rounds of XM193 nowadays? It's basically $12.99 here everywhere regardless of brand, used to be half that before Covid. 50 rounds of 115gr 9mm brass FMJ used to be $10, now it's at least $20 everywhere (I stopped buying steel case ammo because the ranges around here ban it for some reason).
last batch of 5.56 we got, we paid .69 cents per round to the distributor. so yeah, your LGS guys are still getting fucked over by the middlemen in ammo distribution. Big box stores are selling it for 12-14 bucks a box of 20 here. So its basically impossible to compete with Bass Pro shop and Green Top.

You guys know Wayne Lapierre is a Democrat Right?

So I'm lucky to have both an Academy and Cabela's within a few miles. I've never liked buying in bulk and they both have reasonable selection and (in the current environment at least) prices. For some reason Cabela's doesn't list most of what they actually have in-store on their site.

---.223---
Federal American Eagle $15 for 20 rounds
Frontier/Hornady 55gr FMJ $13 for 20

---5.56---
Frontier/Hornady M193 $14 for 20
Winchester M855 $13 for 20
Federal M193 $16 for 20
Winchester M193 $13 for 20 (what I "carry" since they bought the Lake City plant)

---9mm---
Blazer 115gr FMJ brass $19 for 50
Herters 115gr FMJ brass $18 for 50
Winchester Silvertip 115gr JHP $18 for 20
Blazer 124gr FMJ brass $20 for 50
Aguila 124gr FMJ brass (I think, box is in Spanish) $23 for 50
Winchester Silvertip 147gr JHP $18 for 20
Winchester Defender 124gr +P $31 for (I think) 20
Remington Range 115gr FMJ brass $20 for 50
Federal American Eagle 70gr (didn't even know 70gr 9mm existed) FMJ lead free brass $28 for 50
Federal American Eagle 115gr FMJ brass $21 for 50
Federal Champion 115gr FMJ brass $20 for 50 (used to be $9 or $10 at Walmart when they still carried)
Speer Gold Dot 124gr HP $33 for 20
Federal HST 147gr HP $35 for 20
Federal HST 124gr HP $35 for 20
Federal Personal Defense Punch 124gr HP $20 for 20 (what I carry)
Sig 365 115gr HP $25 for 20
Hornady Critical Defense 115gr HP $31 for 20
Hornady Critical Duty 135gr +P $32 for 20 (I think this is what the FBI uses now)
Sierra 115gr HP $20 for $20
Sig Elite Defense 124gr HP $45 for 50
Ammo Incorporated 115gr HP $18 for 20

And they have a TON of 12 gauge except for slugs.
Neither one ever has any .32 ACP though. :(

Back