Guilty Movie Pleasures

Jupiter Ascending -- It's my kind of strange. If you can derive no joy from royalty-sensing bees and space rollerblades, I feel sorry for you. Idk what the fuck Eddie Redmayne was doing, but it was a beautiful disaster & fucking hilarious. The Immortal Sean Bean plays a half human, half honey bee Han Solo type character & he FUCKING LIVES for once. An outstanding display of donkery from the Wachowskis. Holy Shit.

tumblr_n32pz0ahjf1rzoznmo3_r1_500.gif
Yeah, when the Wochowskis come out of the closet, they really cement it with really obvious gayness.

I don't know if this counts, but The Substitute is my guilty pleasure film. That and The Substitute 4: Failure is not an option. There is just something great about watching a grown man, who is a teacher no less, beat the shit out of a bunch of teenagers. It is completely ridiculous and oh so fun to watch.

cant forget Street Fighter and Waterworld

Funny enough, I actually really liked Waterworld and I really don't understand all the hate it received. I laughed like all hell when Jim Carrey's character in Cable Guy said something pretty similar.

Street Fighter though... ugh, right up there with Mortal Kombat 2 in absolutely terrible-ness. haha

*whispers* I like Grease 2....

It's not a good movie, but it was the perfect movie for a day spent on the couch hopped up on cold meds & blowing through a box of kleenex. So, you know, I may not have the best recollection of it.....

:D

Yeah, when the Wochowskis come out of the closet, they really cement it with really obvious gayness.

I don't know if this counts, but The Substitute is my guilty pleasure film. That and The Substitute 4: Failure is not an option. There is just something great about watching a grown man, who is a teacher no less, beat the shit out of a bunch of teenagers. It is completely ridiculous and oh so fun to watch.

That could be a groundbreaking franchise for Russell Crowe. His well-documented fits of rage, coupled with his penchant for smashing desk phones into people's faces in hotel lobbies & headbutt of doom is a movie studio's dream.

His historical capacity for outrageous displays of donkery is second to none......

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He's sitting on a gold mine.

<{danawhoah}>

That could be a groundbreaking franchise for Russell Crowe. His well-documented fits of rage, coupled with his penchant for smashing desk phones into people's faces in hotel lobbies & headbutt of doom is a movie studio's dream.

His historical capacity for outrageous displays of donkery is second to none......

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He's sitting on a gold mine.

<{danawhoah}>
I think it's better with a b lister like Treat Williams, or someone who is on the fringe of a list, like Tom Berenger. I don't know why, but it just makes it better.

COL_D07066D.JPG

^ one of the funniest films I've seen, but I'd never admit to enjoying a Jack Black flick irl

@Limbo Pete knows what I'm talking about

Purple Rain
This is one of my top 5 movies all time. When he comes home to find his mother beaten and tries to sound hard screaming, "Where you at mother fucker!" and pirouettes I lose my mind.

Way of the Gun
It is my favorite bad guy movie ever made. This intro is pure gold

Big Trouble in Little China

Romper Stomper
A love story about 3 neo-nazis in Australia

Love and .45
A young Renee Zellweger in a terrible movie that keeps you laughing from start to end

Last edited:
The Friday the 13th remake from 2009 is one of my of all time favorite guilty movie pleasures.

You really can’t screw up a Friday the 13th movie. The formula is so simple. Drugs, hot guys and girls, sex, copious amounts of blood, a hockey masked killer (or bag headed), inventive kills. Now add in the S-S-SMOKESHOW that is Julianna Guill as nympho Bree and you have the pinnacle of the cinematic arts. I love this shit. Derek Mears owns as Jason. Bree and Trent have the greatest sex scene of the franchise putting Jason Goes to Hell’s tent sex to shame. Trent even utters the line that everyone is thinking when he tells Bree that her tits are stupendous. He later goes on to compliment her nipple placement. Her nipple placement! I’m telling you, you can’t fuck up a Friday the 13th film. Unless you’re James Isaac.

2-julianna-guill-bree-friday-the-13th-2009.jpg

This EASILY gets 5 startled Dana Whites out of 5.

<{danawhoah}><{danawhoah}><{danawhoah}><{danawhoah}><{danawhoah}>

I love how the intro is 10 minutes long and makes you cheer for everyone's on screen death in a matter of minutes.

Way of the Gun
It is my favorite bad guy movie ever made. This intro is pure gold

WOW. Sarah Silverman got hilariously murked! She can be quite a handful. Flawless execution by Ryan Philippe. I'm gonna sit down & watch that right now. Mother of god.......

giphy.gif

WOW. Sarah Silverman got hilariously murked! She can be quite a handful. Flawless execution by Ryan Philippe. I'm gonna sit down & watch that right now. Mother of god.......

giphy.gif

It is one of the most satisfying moments in cinema history. The morality and general conduct of every characters plummets from there.

COL_D07066D.JPG

^ one of the funniest films I've seen, but I'd never admit to enjoying a Jack Black flick irl

@Limbo Pete knows what I'm talking about

Amanda Peet, much like wu-tang, is not to be trifled with. She was an eater of worlds in this. It's perfect late night cable cheese.

Dumb Comedies

Four solid go-tos:

Tenacious D And The Pick Of Destiny

This Is The End

The Brothers Solomon

Let's Go To Prison

Hons: That's My Boy, Zoolander, McGruber, Dumb and Dumber (either), Nacho Libre, Big Stan, Starsky and Hutch, Mystery Men, and many more

I'll watch the fuck out of crybaby if no one's home. Tracy Lords getting that flu shot and the nasty dirty look she give the doctor while he is injecting her with fluid. Boiyoyoyoyoing

The Tremor movies are absolutely awesome for me, I've watched them so many times
220px-Tremorsposter.jpg
220px-Tremors_2.jpg
220px-Tremors3DVDscan.jpg

Reallllyy liked this movie, Liam had a great performance and it was a good film about loneliness, survival, and despair
The_Grey_Poster.jpg

My all time favorite guilty please is Outlander probably. I dont typically like mixing fantasy with sci fi but it works great in this movie and its awesome imo
220px-Outlanderposter.jpg

These are my top three:
The Happening -- Mark Wahlberg is secretly a comedic genius in this. Easily my favorite Shamhammer film. Fucking killer trees, man. I love this shit

The%20happening%20lawnmower_zps6eopzc7q.gif

Showdown in Little Tokyo -- Dolph Lundgren & Brandon Lee are an absolute delight together. Preposterously beautiful fight scenes. Breathtaking displays of donkery. Oh & this gem of a scene.....

Jupiter Ascending -- It's my kind of strange. If you can derive no joy from royalty-sensing bees and space rollerblades, I feel sorry for you. Idk what the fuck Eddie Redmayne was doing, but it was a beautiful disaster & fucking hilarious. The Immortal Sean Bean plays a half human, half honey bee Han Solo type character & he FUCKING LIVES for once. An outstanding display of donkery from the Wachowskis. Holy Shit.

tumblr_n32pz0ahjf1rzoznmo3_r1_500.gif

LOL watching Showdown in Little Tokyo for the first time...

So many tits, they must have had a guy in charge of finding every opportunity to add tits

not complaining though

Last edited:
Back