Movies GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 (First Reactions, post #626)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i guess since he's fired, he doesnt have to hold back on twitter anymore

I'll agree with this, I was never for people getting fired from their jobs over stuff like this.

I don't think Rosanne should have been fired either, but from Disney's perspective they probably made the right decision in that case and with this James Gunn situation.

Right, they made the right decision as per the culture sjws created.

Though truthfully I don't think these companies have to cave, we have very short attention span these days, partly because we're inundated with countless outrage stories from around the globe. Take Joy Reid, she wasn't canned for homophobic remarks even after she lied about it. A few weeks passed, Trump said this, Trump did that, and everyone moved on. Pedophilia may be in a different category and would not have been forgotten as quickly, but generally speaking, outrage culture has a very short attention span.

Sad times when politics fucks with someone's job like that.

Is it too much to ask that people don't obsessively make pedo/rape..err..."jokes"?

This wasn't one post, or two posts. This was hundreds and hundreds of posts, touching on the same revolting topics. Some of the samples aren't even "edgy/trollish" in nature. They're just sick. He went past the point of "Okay, you can shut up now troll" to "Are you sure there isn't something you want to get off your chest?"

This isn't "politics" ruining him. This is him ruining him. If any company you were working for found tweets/posts of that kind, and you were stupid enough to put your name to them, you'd be fired immediately.

Is it too much to ask that people don't obsessively make pedo/rape..err..."jokes"?

This wasn't one post, or two posts. This was hundreds and hundreds of posts, touching on the same revolting topics. Some of the samples aren't even "edgy/trollish" in nature. They're just sick. He went past the point of "Okay, you can shut up now troll" to "Are you sure there isn't something you want to get off your chest?"

This isn't "politics" ruining him. This is him ruining him. If any company you were working for found tweets/posts of that kind, and you were stupid enough to put your name to them, you'd be fired immediately.
I don't care. His movies are great.

Made this same point in the other thread, but try going to your jobs break room, common area, or a workplace event, and making pedophilia jokes over and over in front of the owners of your company. See if you don't get fired.

Now multiply that tiny audience by literally millions of people. I don't know why people think they should be able to make any kind of PUBLIC statement without repercussions. Not private, but public. The only new part is everyone having a wide reaching platform via social media. Jobs have literally always been able to fire people for making public statements that could potentially damage the company. Nothing new whatsoever about it.

How they do a third one with Thanos wiping most of them out? Or is this a prequel?

He did. A lot of people want it to go to Taika Watiti.
Or they can write a wrong reconcile with Edgar Wright and let him see if he can do wonders with GOTG3. For the record I don't even like Wright.

Do you think they would keep his script, maybe rewriting it so Gunn only has a "story by" credit, or throw his script out entirely?

Ooh. That's an entirely different discussion. They'd have to ask him to use his script. In a perfect world, everybody is good and keeps the script. This ain't that world.

Or they can write a wrong reconcile with Edgar Wright and let him see if he can do wonders with GOTG3. For the record I don't even like Wright.

That would be nuts. I'd watch it.

the irony would be if after all the whole "women empowerment" shit the Disney people pander, they didn't hire a female director for GOTG3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back