GSP's physical and athletic abilities analyzed by Sport Science

It could be that Georges can leverage himself to feel insanely strong.

Joe was saying that the MW's and LHW's that GSP would train with had a hard time taking him down but he was able to take them down at will.

I’m as big a GSP fan as any but I still think that punch number is highly suspect. Hes great but come on, there’s no way he hit harder than prime Cain or Shogun.

If he won the genetic lottery, you can't forget to mention his brain. One of the smartest fighters to ever grace the octagon.

GSP is synonymous with athleticism yes, but also (to me) what added to the thrill of GSP fights is that he was more or less vulnerable to any dangerous attack like you or me. He wasn't known for a legendary chin, wasn't known for devastating KO punching power. He couldn't and didn't rely on an iron chin or one shot finisher. He also showed dramatic improvements from one fight to the next during his rise to fame. Although he was sometimes considered big as a WW, to me, he was kind of that archetype of intelligent, prepared fighter vs stereotypical hard pit fighter. It's safe to say he single handedly changed the sport.

He beats everyone his size and smaller. (todays featherweights, bantamweights and flyweights).

GOATSP.

Avenged all losses. Hendricks fight was questionable. I'm open to anything on that one, W/L/D and with that frame of reference, you could say he's beaten everyone he has ever fought, including avenging one of the losses twice.

Never once pissed hot.

And as much as I love Shogun, if he hits harder in that measured strikes, then hats off to him.

*it doesn't mean anything in terms of MMA achievement but the fact that he carried himself so well through the whole career, even towards peeps who talked mad ish, was awesome to see.
sounds like secret sauce to me
people in the future will laugh at naive people like you tbh

lol gsp natural
im amazed to see a full grown men like you who believe gsp is natural
its quite amazing

GSP was known for being one of the hardest working guys in the gym and for incorporating unique training tools like gymnastics and explosive drills.

Why are you so quick to claim genetics is what set him apart?

Now sherbros, you need to know that the first step to achieve in order to become one of the GOATs is :

1) Win the genetic lottery

This has always been the case in every sport. If you don't have the prerequisite talent you can be the hardest worker there is and it's just not gonna matter. It just took awhile for MMA fans to accept it because by and large MMA has a shallower talent pool than most major sports and this mindset that skill can overcome talent. Yeah, it can to a degree and untrained will generally lose to trained regardless of the talent gap but put both of those guys in a training program and the elite talent will surpass the super hard working super smart average talent guy a lot quicker than most are comfortable admitting.

GSP would be able to KO a small pack of wolves - Sport Science

Not a one hit KO. But a beasty kick and follow up when he was 'Rush'. But then he became 'Cautious Legacy Point Fighter' But still dynamic and dominate. I would have liked to see GSP stay as 'Rush', even if it meant a loss now and then.

He's supposed to hit harder than some fighters in heavier weight classes in this test, yet he doesn't even have a single KO win in his whole career.

If those tests don't translate in real life, they're obviously not reliable.

Yeah he punches harder than Cain and Shogun. That’s why he has all those knockouts. Oh wait.

sounds like secret sauce to me
people in the future will laugh at naive people like you tbh

lol gsp natural
im amazed to see a full grown men like you who believe gsp is natural
its quite amazing
Baseless accusation. Bunch of athletic people look like gsp naturally.

You're the one who's actually upset : GSP is likely the most pillow fisted champion ever known in the UFC.

Once again, not a single KO win in his whole career (UFC or not) few TKO and mostly decisions.
you'd do better if you actually watched his fights, rather than his sherdog record.

you'd do better if you actually watched his fights, rather than his sherdog record.

I don't need to watch all of his fights : when a test says he hits harder than some champions in heavier weight classes while he doesn't even have a single KO win in his whole career, you already know it's nonsense.

Damn, wall of Text TS

give us a TL, DR version

Amazing athlete but not sure he would make it to the top in modern tennis

I don't need to watch all of his fights : when a test says he hits harder than some champions in heavier weight classes while he doesn't even have a single KO win in his whole career, you already know it's nonsense.
i don't give a fuck about the test, i was commenting on your analysis of GSP, because from the post i quoted, it's pretty clear you didn't actually follow his career.

You're the one who's actually upset : GSP is likely the most pillow fisted champion ever known in the UFC.

Once again, not a single KO win in his whole career (UFC or not) few TKO and mostly decisions.

Because he's not looking for the KO. He's always jabbing his way to victory, or mixing his strikes with offensive or defensive wrestling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back