GSP or Anderson Silva: Who has the better 10 names on their resume?

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let’s keep this clean gentlemen.

Edit: Too many complaints about leaving people off top 5, so I extended it to top 10 names on each resume. There were so many decisions on GSP’s record I forgot about a few names for the top 5.

Anderson Silva

1. Prime Hendo SUB
  2. Prime Sonnen x2 SUB,TKO
  3. Prime Franklin x2 KO,TKO
  4. Belfort KO
  5. (LHW) Griffin KO
  6. Sakurai UD
  7. Maia UD
  8. Marquardt TKO
  9. Okami TKO
  10. Newton KO
GSP
  1. Prime Hughes x2 TKO,SUB
  2. Shields UD
  3. (MW) Bisping SUB
  4. (LW) Prime Penn x2 *SD*,TKO
  5. Condit UD
  6. Fitch UD
  7. Diaz UD
  8. Alves UD
  9. Koscheck x2 UD,UD
  10. Hendricks *SD*

Some interesting notes below.

-Common opponents (Diaz, Bisping)
GSP is 2-0 while Silva is 0–1-1(UD win over Diaz overturned to NC)

-One of GSP’s best wins is a bloated LW who finished his career at FW with a 16-12-2 mma record.

-Anderson finished all of the most notable names on his resume.

Who has the more impressive resume?
I have to go with Silva via beating tougher, more dangerous opponents overall. And finishing them convincingly.

Last edited:
Anderson by a little bit (finishing that version of hendo was better than any gsp win)

I like the fact that he finished more of his fights though, its why I think hes better than gsp

Let’s keep this clean gentlemen. I opted for Diaz/Condit over Hendricks on GSP’s resume because they were less controversial victories.

Anderson Silva

1. Prime Hendo SUB
  2. Prime Sonnen x2 SUB,TKO
  3. Prime Franklin x2 TKOx2
  4. Belfort TKO
  5. (LHW) Griffin TKO
GSP

1. Hughes x2 TKO,SUB
  2. (MW) Bisping SUB
  3. (LW) Penn x2 SD,TKO
  4. Condit UD
  5. Diaz UD
Some interesting notes below.

-Common opponents (Diaz, Bisping)
GSP is 2-0 while Silva is 0–1-1(UD win over Diaz overturned to NC)

-One of GSP’s best wins is a bloated LW who finished his career at FW with a 16-12-2 mma record.

-Anderson finished all of the most notable names on his resume.

Who has the more impressive resume?

I have to go with Silva via beating tougher, more dangerous opponents overall. And finishing them convincingly.

Yeah because Forrest is a GOAT candidate.

Franklin and Forrest are highly overated

Maybe the spider is on the juice when he fought them?

Anderson easily.

GSPs best wins consist of one dimensional fighters and LWs.

I'm not a Penn fan at all, but get the fuck out of here. Penn was a great win at the time and is still the LW GOAT.

GSP does:
1. Shields - I have him as #2 all-time WW - GSP beat him in his prime
2. Hughes - I have him as #3 all-time WW - GSP beat the prime right out of him
3. Fitch - If there was no GSP, Fitch would've been a UFC Champ with multiple defenses
4. Hendricks - Pre-Usada Hendricks was a beast at the time
5. Alves - Has been forgotten and underrated, but at the time GSP fought him, he was an absolute monster.

Then he has HOFers like Penn and Bisping, then Condit and Diaz, old school guys like Trigg and Karo, can't forget Koscheck. GSP beat the brakes off everyone for 3 eras lol Goat is Goat.

Anderson by a little bit (finishing that version of hendo was better than any gsp win)

I like the fact that he finished more of his fights though, its why I think hes better than gsp

Beating Hughes was a better win than Hendo, but it's close. Both Anderson and GSP haven beaten some really good fighters.

Beating Hughes was a better win than Hendo, but it's close. Both Anderson and GSP haven beaten some really good fighters.
I disagree for the simple fact that hughes was an entirely one dimensional fighter.

hes still the 2nd best ww ever, and a top 15 goat, but hendo in his prime was dangerous with both hands and could wrestle his ass off. plus hughes never fought above ww, while hendo fked up heavyweights

Anderson absolutely rekd hendo on the feet before finishing him on the ground, a lot of ppl forget that.

Does Anderson have a win since USADA? Seems almost like 2 entirely different people before and after drug testing...haha like Aldo and Vitor

Does Anderson have a win since USADA? Seems almost like 2 entirely different people before and after drug testing...haha like Aldo and Vitor
Weird thing to say. Aldos best ufc perfomance is ufc 200 against Frankie. Under USADA. But don't let facts fuck up your narratuve

Big mistake leaving Shields off GSP's list. Shields soundly defeated Hendo, who is a prominent name on Silva's list. Also had Anderson fought Jake, Silva would be 0-2-1 against common opponents with GSP.

Georges has the better career wins.

Big mistake leaving Shields off GSP's list. Shields soundly defeated Hendo, who is a prominent name on Silva's list. Also had Anderson fought Jake, Silva would be 0-2-1 against common opponents with GSP.

Georges has the better career wins.
Good call, I completely forgot about the shields fight. I replaced Diaz for Shields. My mistake.

Its hard to put GSP on silvas level for many reasons. He claimed how bad he wanted to hurt diaz, and bored the fans to death for 25 minutes. Nick did what he could but Georges realized early he had to make it boring and ugly to get the win. Anderson said he wanted to hurt vitor. He violently kicked his head off in a top 3 k.o. of all time. Anderson went up to 205 and finished each guy in the weightclass he fought. Gsp ducked andy at all cost. You never go back to watch gsp fights (maybe Fitch) but you can watch 90 % of andersons career in the ufc and be excited every single time by the magic of his win streak. Ill stop there but the choice is pretty easy if you arent Canadian

GSP by a mile... Shields, Condit were on insane win streaks. Hughes was p4p #1 for a while. Bisping beat Hendo and Silva - GSP finished him.

GSP beats Silva in being clean, fighting better comp, more wins, better record, losses avenged, much better win %.

Silva beats GSP at finishing fights... yet he cant win one, let alone finish since USADA.

Ovince St. Preux
Daniel Cormier
Glover Teixeira
Alexander Gustafsson
Chael Sonnen
Vitor Belfort
Rashad Evans
Lyoto Machida
Quinton Jackson
Mauricio Rua
Ryan Bader

<JonesLaugh>

Best names go to Anderson, since he was fighting MW's and sometimes LHW's. If we are arguing the mythical P4P, everyone can make up whatever fantasy about skill they want; its irrelevant. Anderson also destroyed guys and put them away, whereas GSP humped them for 5 rounds later in his career (after the Serra loss), but was awesome before that. Anderson popped for ROIDS multiple times, which removes him from GOAT discussion as far as I am concerned.

I loved GSPs return fight though. He looked like the old GSP (pre-Serra loss).

Back