GSP: "It's about skills"

It was right before the condit fight. Not sure why his knee is an excuse when it was 100%.
Condit was his first fight back from reconstructed knee surgery, he hadn't fought on it yet, how would you know at the time it was 100%? Everybody thinks Silva was calling out gsp his whole career which is not true, it only really started after the knee surgery and his first long layoff.

Condit was his first fight back from reconstructed knee surgery, he hadn't fought on it yet, how would you know at the time it was 100%? Everybody thinks Silva was calling out gsp his whole career which is not true, it only really started after the knee surgery and his first long layoff.
Well, knowing gsp, there is absolutely no chance he would take any fight unless his knee was completely healed.

And the superfight was talked about as far back as 2009, 3 years before his knee surgery.

Wrong, silva was a ww in pride and as someone mentioned Pride ww is 183. So now what?

Who said anything about Pride??? Silva fought Okami at 174 just six months before making his UFC debut. The beginning of his career was at a markedly lower weight division as you can tell, with noted lightweight opponents in Azerado, Sakurai, and Canoes. Here's an article where he talks about how easy it would be for him to make 170. Also he fought at least a couple times at 167 in Pride when he was there. So there's all that. http://www.mmamania.com/2013/2/17/3...could-make-welterweight-for-georges-st-pierre

Well, knowing gsp, there is absolutely no chance he would take any fight unless his knee was completely healed.

And the superfight was talked about as far back as 2009, 3 years before his knee surgery.
Here is a link to a video from 2009. It's Ed Soares, Silva's manager talking about it.....don't seem too interested

It seems like GSP wants to fight anyone but Robbie Lawler.

I like GSP, but he sure changes his mind from one minute to the next, he was saying he is too small and can't fight those guys.. and then he is saying its only about skill. make your mind up, and love ya GSP

A Dana White quote? LOL
Thats the best you got?
Jesus dude....my whole point was that fight was being talked about forever. I made my point, you made an excuse for gsp being a pussy by bringing up a knee surgery that he fought many times after having. He never was gonna fight silva cause he was too scared...bottom line.

Until the last couple years of his reign, GSP was considered monstrous at his weight.
Also GSP is known more for his work ethic and athleticism than anything.

The fuck is this bullshit

The fight might have been talked about by the fans and Dana White, thats what fans do, they talk about potential fights. My whole point was that Anderson didn't want that fight back then, he never really showed that much interest until after gsp's knee surgery and I made my point.
I don't know how you spin that into gsp being a pussy, but i can play that game too and say Anderson only called out GSP after a major injury and long layoff

I have read that Khabib walks around at 190. And didn't Tony Ferguson recently say that he walks around at 195? If they can make LW then why can't GSP?

He could make LW, easily too, but he's hardly small. 187 pounds 10 percent bf 5'10 76 inch reach is a pretty decent build for a MMA 170 pound weight divison.

I'm 5'10 and have woken up at 165, 10 percent bf. I was pretty strong, 275 bench, but still 20 pounds less muscular than beastly GSP. He and Woodley seem like they have really maxed out their (insanely impressive) frames. Not many 5'10 guys will be naturally GSP's weight with his level of conditioning.

now that there is a slow, pillow-fisted champ at 185, it is all about skills. when he was ducking anderson, he said that it was all about size. and he has never entered the octagon as the lighter man. not even once.

GSP is calling out high reward, low risk opponents that he can easily decision. this is why he should stay retired.
You know that is specifically due to them all cutting weight to get to 170 lbs right?

he's 5'10" and big does not equal tall, it equals heavy. GSP has always entered the ocatgon as the heavier man, and greased up when he fought superior grapplers.

and people who say thiago alves was bigger are missing a very important point. just because alves sucked at cutting weight, does not mean he was bigger than GSP at the time they fought.
Hendricks was easily heavier than him fight day. Lawler walks around at the same weight if not heavier. Alves walked around in the 200s. Gsp was an average-sized ww. Hughes And serr were small for welterweight

Back