GSP is the best athlete in MMA history and there's not a close second

Tapping Machine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Think about this fact:

The Canadian Olympic wrestling team tried to recruit GSP to wrestle for them, A SPORT IN WHICH GSP DIDN'T TAKE UP UNTIL HIS TWENTIES. GSP was the best wrestler in MMA in his prime, and nobody had a quicker first step than he did. This was evident in his incredibly fast double leg shot and his elite striking.

Most great collegiate wrestlers in America take up the sport as early as five or six, Middle School at the latest, and most of those guys never make an Olympic team in their lives.

The fact that GSP was basically an Olympic calibre athlete in a sport which he didn't even spend training full-time and took up his twenties shows that he is clearly the best athlete in MMA history.

I know people are obsessed with roided guys who have big muscles but GSP has a great physique himself that is functional.

Plus, on top of his fast-twitch explosiveness, he also had some of the best cardio in MMA. Something that is very rare amongst explosive fighters

When you combine top-tier genetics with hard work and a high IQ, GSP is what you get: the best MMA fighter ever.

Best athletes:
1. GSP
2. Lesnar
3. Rockhold
4. Romero
5. Garbrandt

Y'all have no idea who Bethe Correia is do you?

I would put Romero above Rockhold in terms of athleticism. I think Whitticker and TJ deserve a shout in a longer list.

I would put Romero above Rockhold in terms of athleticism. I think Whitticker and TJ deserve a shout in a longer list.
I put Luke above Yoel because he moves just as well and is super explosive himself (especially with kicks), but he is also bigger than Yoel so it's more impressive to me

I put Luke above Yoel because he moves just as well and is super explosive himself (especially with kicks), but he is also bigger than Yoel so it's more impressive to me
Yoel is older but doesn't look to have lost a step physically just yet and was a silver medalist so imo goes above Rockhold. Rockhold is a great athlete tho

Did TS really put Cody Garbrandt over Randleman and Herschel Walker as better athletes?

Did TS really put Cody Garbrandt over Randleman and Herschel Walker as better athletes?
Cody won the Ohio state wrestling title in high school AS A FRESHMAN

He was also an All-state linebacker, which is incredibly impressive considering his size

Also has the fastest hands in MMA history (tied with Vitor)

Randleman?

Oh yeah.....he was juiced and jumped high. That's your definition of a great athlete? Lmao

Best athlete is obviously Greg Hardy.

Dude was a pro-bowl Defensive-End. Doesn't get anymore athletic than that.

There isn't a best athlete in MMA history as there are far too many ways to define athleticism.
This just seems to be a man crush thread.

So Cody is top-5 but Woodley isn't? Lmfao
keac7ags2zc11.gif
JealousSkeletalCockatoo-size_restricted.gif

If Cody had the same speed and explosiveness to close that gap TJ would've been knocked dead.

BJ Penn is a freak athlete

Diaz Bros are triathletes and successful mma fighters. lol, just thinking about Conor trying to do a triathlon. He'd gas trying to mount the bike.

And GSP beat his ass into the dirt

Doesn't define either as an athlete. BJ also beat the shit out of GSP the first time and lost due to GSP holding him down for dear life. And BJ is way smaller than GSP. GSP would get beaten into the dirt by Gus. Doesn't mean Gus is a better athlete.

Diaz Bros are triathletes and successful mma fighters. lol, just thinking about Conor trying to do a triathlon. He'd gas trying to mount the bike.

The bike would mount Conor.

Back