GSP is looking like a LW

Have you listened to his most recent interview on the MMA hour? To summarize: he's not interested at all in a fight vs Conor because GSP doesn't need money and that's all Conor is. He doesn't feel the need to go back to WW because that's something he's already done several times over. He wants to do something new, something special. He has problems walking around heavy because of his disease, so he's on a new diet which has resulted in weight loss. He said several times he can make LW. He said maybe there's someone who will be p4p number 1 in a few months, and that's the kind f fight he's looking for. He wants a legacy fight, a fight where it's impossible to imagine either guy losing. GSP will be taking a huge risk, so he wants his opponent to be taking a large risk as well.

What better than to become the first man ever to beat khabib and the first man ever to be champ in three weight divisions?

The dots connect to khabib if you ask me.
Hadn't heard that episode. Took a listen now and I see what you mean.

It did almost seem like he was hinting at Khabib, when he was saying a new, dominant champ might emerge in a while.

But then again, while he never mentioned LW as an unrealistic possibility, it sounds weird to me that he would want to push himself to 155 when he's still "between 180 and 185" now after going on his new diet.

Idk. His quads/hams still look thicker than most 155ers. His legs carry a lot if weight.

What will they call the 165 division?

Tournament would be so lit, but they will probably have McG fight for the title straight away.

GSP is the GOAT.
Would be crazy if he was able to get the 155 lbs belt, his status as the GOAT would be even more untouchable.

one of the toughest fights for anyone in the ufc and GSP isn't in his prime anymore. I think it would be foolish to fight him. and I think he won't, too much risk. GSP likes to talk a lot, I will believe when the papers are signed and the fight is scheduled
Gsp would beat Kalabib. Kalabib has sub par striking and inferior fight IQ.

It did almost seem like he was hinting at Khabib, when he was saying a new, dominant champ might emerge in a while.

But then again, while he never mentioned LW as an unrealistic possibility, it sounds weird to me that he would want to push himself to 155 when he's still "between 180 and 185" now after going on his new diet.

pretty sure khabib cuts from like 185 himself.

It's not that weird to me. Most LWs are that size now a days, and if GSP decided to do it, he'd do it properly with a Healthy diet. He'd really only need to she'd 5-10lbs to make a normal cut to LW, but maybe even less because fighters usually lose some weight naturally once they enter fight camp.

Khabib, tony, Alvarez, barboza, Tibau, Lee, hell, even RDA walk around 10+lbs heavier than GSP. If RDA is a heavier WW than you, then you can make LW for one big fight.

Last edited:
pretty sure khabib cuts from like 185 himself.

He used to, but once he got the nutritionist, he dieted a bit then cut from like 177 ish. Either way, gsp could diet and easily lose 5-10lbs before the cut.

It would be much better than being a 180lb man against 195-200lb Welterweights. And it's only for one fight. He could do it.

I don’t know what the ts is talking about anyways he’s way bigger than that other guy

GSP-McGregor was supposed to happen after McG-Diaz 1 but Conor fucked it up by losing. The reason Dana hasn't (and won't) strip McGregor is because Conor is going to "drop" the 155 belt and fight GSP for the 165 belt.

Announcement coming soon (within 16 days).
I think this is most likely scenario. What's your source though?

Back