GSP DID Hold up MW

Toner, you need a good piece of ass in your life because this shit is starting to consume you, on multiple accounts apparently.

If Georges didn't accept, Bisping would have been "injured" until he got a fight with a WW like Diaz or Woodley. So in the end it doesn't matter.

People keep saying "at least he didn't hold up the division..."

Yes he did!

He announces his comeback vs Bisping in 2016 then says he can't fight until 2017 November. So Bisping has a fight vs Romero which he cancels to wait for the GSP fight. Selfish and disrespectful towards al the MW fighters who earned a shot.

Now Mousasi is gone too. Thanks GSP.
When the fight was Announced in march he really did by extended which venue he wanted to fight and then lying about another injury I'm not mad though every fighter has fans and Gsp fans are hard headed

TS is right. GSP could have waited to mid 2017 to announce his comeback then face whoever was champ. He specifically called out Bisping three weeks after Bisping won the belt to ensure he got that specific fight.

I'm positive that's the reason the Hendo fight was made. GSP was negotiating the Bisping fight prior to the Hendo announcement, but he wasn't going to be ready until 2017.

To ensure they could still get GSP to return for the MW strap, the booked Hendo v Bisping. It was a win, win. No matter who won that fight, GSP would have a perfect opponent to capture the belt.

Hendo wouldn't retire with a million dollar fight on the table, and GSP wouldn't return without the 'right' fight to boost his stock.

Problem being, the UFC assumed he would be ready Q1 2017. They booked the press tour then GSP delayed.

Everyone trashes Dana, but he basically conned the entire UFC. Bisping vs GSP was always going to happen. When he came out and said 'the fight was off'. This was just a delay tactic, just like the 'He has to defend. It's in his contact' line was bullshit. Dana and the UFC peddled those lies to keep the fans quiet while the division was stalled.

The TLDR: If GSP really just wanted the MW belt, he would have waited until mid 2017 to announce his return and call out whoever was champ. Instead he called out Bisping and stalled the division 1.5 years.

For the record, I think Conor should be stripped but being fair, he's stalled the division only a year. GSP stalled it 18 months and he NEVER intended on defending. At least there is some chance Conor defends.

If Georges didn't accept, Bisping would have been "injured" until he got a fight with a WW like Diaz or Woodley. So in the end it doesn't matter.
He was injured for Gsp when he didn't get the fight he gave up

I wouldn't necessarily say GSP held up the division. But I would say that he contributed. Ultimately, the lion's share of the blame rests with the UFC. MW was arguably the most interesting division in the UFC, and this whole charade of Bisping's title run really killed its momentum and luster.

That was Bisping. Fought top 15 Henderson. Then Hurt. He wanted the "Money_Fight" and the top contenders got skipped. Just glad St Pierre gave up the belt so Whitaker - Rockhold can restore order.

Yes he did!

He announces his comeback vs Bisping in 2016 then says he can't fight until 2017 November. So Bisping has a fight vs Romero which he cancels to wait for the GSP fight. Selfish and disrespectful towards al the MW fighters who earned a shot.

I don't know anyone who didn't enjoy watching the match between GSP and Bisping and judging by the crowd reaction in MSG after the knockdown then rear naked choke I'd say the feeling was pretty unanimous. Holy shit this board is packed with whiny little bitches. Get the fuck over it. The division is again wide open so you can again redirect your complaining to who Whittaker will inevitable duck or not duck or who gives shit. There is no satisfying this collection of adolescent complainers. He "tied" the division up for one extremely entertaining (and high grossing) fight and immediately vacated. Generation fa**ot reigns in here lol.

Of course he did, but GSP fans don't care.

They got to see their boy get a win, and nothing else matters at all. The UFC could burn to the ground now that he's gone for all they care.

That was Bisping. He spent a year being 'injured' unless he was fighting georges.

He was a big part of the circus. His nutthuggers just dont want to accept his idol is a lie.

Blame Rockhold for losing in the first place people. Bisping winning opened the door for Hendo rematch etc.

I dont even know why I came in this thread. Probably just to read your opinion, think your a dumb fuck and leave. This place needs a cull of retards.
This is literally what I do in most threads.

No, the UFC held up the division. The UFC makes the fights, not the fighters.

Yes he did!

Are you a Conor fan? serious question.

Back