Greatest Tom Hanks acting performance?

Greatest Tom Hanks acting performance?

• Total voters
it has to be forrest gump. maybe you can argue cast away, due to the physicality of the role.

I don't know how i would classify Tom Hanks. He isn't a bad actor but he plays a role to entertain or get the audience to feel. He doesnt have many roles that he played straight like a method actor would. I am not holding that against him. He like Nicholas Cage in that regard in ways. His roles inho are usually better for it. Saving Private Ryan, Apollo 13, and Capt, are the only roles that i think he played straight.

Forrest Gump, because he didn't go full retard.

Is it just me, or does he always just play Tom Hanks in every film? Sure, there are a few exceptions, like Forrest Gump, where he’s retarded Tom Hanks, or Cloud Atlas where he plays Australian Tom Hanks, sleazy Tom Hanks, and retarded Tom Hanks again. But usually he just plays Tom Hanks.
I disagree. I can't see the character he played in Road to Perdition playing the character in Philadelphia, nor Forrest Gump, Castaway, Apollo 13, etc. I think they may seem similar because he has a very distinct voice, and tends to play straight-laced protagonist types.

To make a very unpopular choice I actually felt Hanks best comic performance was in the Coens Ladykillers remake, granted the rest of the film wasn't that great but Goldthwaite Higginson Dorr made it worth watching and didn't suffer in comparison to Alec Guinness.

Is it just me, or does he always just play Tom Hanks in every film? Sure, there are a few exceptions, like Forrest Gump, where he’s retarded Tom Hanks, or Cloud Atlas where he plays Australian Tom Hanks, sleazy Tom Hanks, and retarded Tom Hanks again. But usually he just plays Tom Hanks.

The Terminal = Eastern European Tom Hanks.
Toy Story = Cowboy Tom Hanks
Philadelphia = Sick Tom Hanks
Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons, Inferno = Nerd Tom Hanks

bachelor-party-poster.jpg

goat tom hanks movie.

SPR closely followed by Castaway. Forrest Gump isn't impressive acting, it's just an endearing story.

To make a very unpopular choice I actually felt Hanks best comic performance was in the Coens Ladykillers remake, granted the rest of the film wasn't that great but Goldthwaite Higginson Dorr made it worth watching and didn't suffer in comparison to Alec Guinness.
Ladykillers is a great fucking movie. The score is perfect, the cinematography is perfect, the cast is great, the dialogue is beautiful. It is a criminally underrated movie.

Voted Forrest Gump before I saw option for cloud atlas.

Cloud atlas.

Ladykillers is a great fucking movie. The score is perfect, the cinematography is perfect, the cast is great, the dialogue is beautiful. It is a criminally underrated movie.

It looks good as well I spose but I found a lot of the rest of it besides Hanks wasn't at the same level, it doesn't help that it was remaking a classic of course but again I think Hanks lived up to that.

It looks good as well I spose but I found a lot of the rest of it besides Hanks wasn't at the same level, it doesn't help that it was remaking a classic of course but again I think Hanks lived up to that.
I've actually never seen the original.
<Prem974>
That probably helped me enjoy the Cohen's with no expectations.

This one's going to take some thinking to decide.

I’m not sure, but of the 19 movies listed, I’d enjoyed to outright loved 17 of them. Tom Hanks is great.

Back