Greatest bands that you just can’t get into..

hearthstone25

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Radiohead is undoubtably the greatest band that i just cant get into. Recently my best friend pointed me to ratemymusic as good review sight for music and showed me their ranking charts with albums. Almost Every year an Radiohead album comes out its basically rated number 1 or close to that. Ok Computer is the #1 rated album AND Kid A is #3 album of ALL TIME out of all genres! Thats insane!

So after seeing that i was like man i need to try them out again. Ive listened to them in the past when i was a teenager but figure id give it another shot..

But damn it i still just cant into them. I actually start to nod off every time i put them on. Like its dangerous for me to listen to them while driving as they just make me sleepy.

Maybe ill try again in another decade but as of right now the band with the #1 Album of all time doesnt interest me at all.

So this wasnt suppose to be specifically about Radiohead. My question is whats the greatest band or bands that you just cant get into?

Last edited:
Jimi Hendrix.

The Beatles.

With a couple of exceptions, I just find their songs unpleasant to listen to. I appreciate their contributions, I just don't like them.

Ha, saw the thread title and was going to come in with Radiohead.

Not for a lack of trying, I've listened to my share of OK Computer.

The Beatles.. while I like a few of their tunes, I'd even rank Queen above them on my list of all time faves.

Tool
Deathspell Omega
Megadeth
Metallica
Post - Hell Awaits Slayer

The Beatles.. while I like a few of their tunes, I'd even rank Queen above them on my list of all time faves.
Yeah, I like a few tracks but, that's all I can stomach. My wife loves them, though, so you see my plight.
And I loathe Hey Jude and Let It Be.

I grew up in a house were my mom would play Led Zeppelin, Simon & Garfunkel, The Who, Grateful Dead and the Doors pretty relentlessly and the only group out of those five that I still to this day have never come around to liking has been Led Zeppelin. Many of my current favorite bands cite them as an influence, but I just don't get it when I actually listen to them. That band just does nothing for me.

Green Day
Bad Religion
Tool
Radiohead

I think they all suck

lol yeah, was gonna say Radiohead. Music critics are mostly failed musicians and nerds as opposed to big music fans.

lol yeah, was gonna say Radiohead. Music critics are mostly failed musicians and nerds as opposed to big music fans.
The thing is ratemymusic isnt done by critics. Its like imdb for movies. Just regular people rate them. Radiohead has 2 albums in top 3 of all time out of all genres by normal people. Yet i cant get through most of their songs. Shits whack yo

Radiohead and Tool are the first bands that pop into my head.

It's kind of funny the Beatles are popping up I mean how many other 60 year old bands are you listening to?

My Dad used to tell me that The Beatles were a chick band. Doesn't surprise me that a bunch of genetically gifted alpha males like ourselves don't dig the band.

It used to be bands like U2, The Police. and of course Bruce Springsteen but they have all grown on me a bit the last few years. Not huge fan but definitely see the quality.

I don’t know..is Hall and Oates in the hall of fame? I don’t like them

Last edited:
It's kind of funny the Beatles are popping up I mean how many other 60 year old bands are you listening to?

It’s a testament to their greatness that 60 years later they are still so popular and transcendent that edgelords on the dog never miss an oppurtunity to brag about how “they just don’t get it”

It’s a testament to their greatness that 60 years later they are still so popular and transcendent that edgelords on the dog never miss an oppurtunity to brag about how “they just don’t get it”

I wouldn't rate them as one of my favorite bands but Revolver and Abbey Road are ridiculously good.

It used to be bands like U2, The Police. and of course Bruce Springsteen but they have all grown on me a bit the last few years. Not huge fan but definitely see the quality.

I've seen all three in concert. In fact my first concert was a music festival headlined by the Police.

The Beatles. I like a couple songs, but just find them to be completely overrated. Glad to see i'm not the only one, I thought for sure i was going to get trashed for writing that.

I just can't get into most music made from 1970 - 1990. There are bands from those generations that I do enjoy, but none were very popular (except maybe a few). Most classic rock is listenable, but I just can't understand how someone could turn it on and jam to it. Same with the Pop, Country, Hip Hop, hell pretty much everything except the Jazz that came out from those years. Pretty much all of the popular music from that time just doesn't have that "umph" I like and their version of heavy seems to way different than mine. I guess the biggest ones would be Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, and those sorts of guys. I think the majority of the music made in the 80s, while laying the groundwork for a lot of music today, is so bad and cringey that I'd be ok if it was all forgotten so I couldn't name all of the bands from then that I can't get into.

Back