Great Rivalries where you were huge fans of both fighters.

HHJ

Herbs to Curbs
@plutonium
Reaction score
Couture v Liddell
Chuck+Liddell+Randy+Couture+Spike+TV+Video+f5APhagUfy9l.jpg

Fedor v Nogueira
hqGrWPHeJIQ.jpg

Rampage v Wand
wanderlei-announces-rampage-bellator-september.jpg

Fedor v Crocop

Fedor-cro-cop-png.png

Post some of yours,and what you felt about the outcomes and the two combatants.

Khabib v Furgason
Whitaker vs Gust
Jon GOAT vs Gusst
Conor vs Khabib

Cant forget Fedor vs Crocop

^^^Didnt know who to root for, especially in Descision match.

Aldo vs Conor - wanted Aldo to humble Conor but at the same time couldn’t help but feel that Conor’s bravado was warranted.

Khabib vs Conor - didn’t want the Conor show to end but if it was to be derailed (hopefully just momentarily) then I’m glad it was by Khabib.

Jones vs DC - I had been saying that DC was the man to dethrone Bones since he won the SFGP... He may still prove me right, if he can get out of his own head and just fight!

GSP vs Penn

GSP was my second favorite fighter during their rivalry and penn was probably right around 5th. Loved both guys and it was incredibly tough to root against penn.

with couture v liddel you had a really good one because Randy the old legend beat Chuck,and Chuck came back and learned how to become better,to beat Randy,and the third fight was both guys giving a great performance. Randy,bloodied up but still doing better than 2nd fight and going to the death. No drama,no hatred,just two guys who wanna be the best.

Fedor v Nogueira is similar in respect in the sporting aspect between the two,but there was drama in that the 2nd fight ended abruptly,and nogueira the passionate warrior who had escaped from death so many times wanted this victory so badly,and didnt get it not through lack of heart,but being outsmarted in tactics.

Wanderlei and Rampage had all the heat,dama and hatred you could imagine. Deep down of course they respected each other,but they absolutley couldnt stand the though of losing. Wanderlei nearly killed rampage in the 2nd fight. It was hard to watch no matter whose side you were on. Murder.

Fedor Crocop,was the epic titanic battle we all waited for. It needed no drama,it worked all by itself,and again Fedor's abilities and his TACTICS won the day. Master strategism.

So you saying Artem, Lee, Theodoru, Wiedman can cheat and be on Jones level?
Whats with these random names buddeh?

and who knows? we would have to see a clean jones,which seems to be an impossibility at this point tbh imo

Severn vs. Shamrock
Rutten vs. Both Shamrocks
Suzuki vs. Funaki

I’m not sure about heavy rivalries but recently...

Whittaker vs Romero is my current favorite.
The top two guys of the division who are both excellent fighters who have gone toe to toe now twice, and I can’t confidently say that either guy is the better fighter.
Also I appreciate that while their may be some very minor competitive animosity between the two. Both of them are usually pretty respectful toward the other.

Back