Great article on Francis Ngannou's path towards UFC gold

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
Full article here : https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11...international-tale-of-beating-impossible-odds

“For me, it was just something most people cannot understand,” Ngannou told MMA Fighting. “You cannot imagine what it is. You cannot imagine a life when you wake up in the morning and your only goal, your only dream for the day is to feed yourself.”

“When I was in Cameroon and started training, they told me you’re very old [to start],” he said. “It’s a different mentality. They told me I was very old, that you don’t have no chance, that you could not be the first. They said it’s impossible."

The doubters could hardly be blamed for their reservations. This wasn’t like Randy Couture starting MMA at age 33 after a lifetime spent in wrestling or Jon Jones winning a major championship after less than three years in the sport. At least those men had an athletic base applicable to MMA. Ngannou had nothing but self-belief, and it was with that that he walked into MMA Factory for the first time.

I'm still not sold on him, lets see how he does vs Reem to see where he actually is

Well Reem is going to be a huge test for N'gannou. We will know where he really is after this fight. I expect massive fireworks in this one.

He's got a natural ability to take people out. That hunger should also not be overlooked. I hope he gets a TS with a win over Overeem.

Does it explain why he has fought the worst of the worst heavyweight has to offer and Curtis Blaydes who crawled off his couch on a weeks notice? Is that anywhere in the article?? The great mountains of Bojan Mihalovic and Anthony Hamilton so few HWs have managed to climb?

They told him he's very old because he tried boxing.

Does it explain why he has fought the worst of the worst heavyweight has to offer and Curtis Blaydes who crawled off his couch on a weeks notice? Is that anywhere in the article?? The great mountains of Bojan Mihalovic and Anthony Hamilton so few HWs have managed to climb?

Everyone else is hiding from the Predator.

His story is amazing, but he still needs to be tested against better opponents.

Very excited to watch him fight Reem.

Back