Gracie Blue Belt?????

Practical Goat

Knowledge Seeker
@White
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Some serious confusion with the Gracie Jiu Jitsu blue belt.. Is the gracie combatives belt the blue belt now? Or do you have to do further tests in order to gain the blue belt? Even the website doesn't make it completely clear.

Combatives belt I think is now a white belt with a blue stripe through the center. Have to wait now after that to get a blue belt I believe.

Are you automatically handed the Blue Belt after the wait or do you have to pass further tests?

You have to go to a certified training center or academy to get promoted after testing for the blue belt live.

When you getting yours?

Not for a good while. Still doing the 36 techniques which the Gracie Combatives cover.. It's that stage between Gracie Combatives and Blue Belt which I can't seem to get any info on.. Not sure if there is anymore learning or just rolling for a further 6 months.

I didn't have to take any tests. I just showed up 2-3 times a week for a couple years, fought in a few tournaments, and am always a considerate training partner. Once my prof saw that I knew how to move in most positions and had a decent understanding of the fundamentals, I was awarded my blue belt.

Not for a good while. Still doing the 36 techniques which the Gracie Combatives cover.. It's that stage between Gracie Combatives and Blue Belt which I can't seem to get any info on.. Not sure if there is anymore learning or just rolling for a further 6 months.

You have to keep studying after combatives, before getting blue. The blue belt test needs you to have been sparring and studying BBS1 in master cycle. You ate no "graded" on the MC material during the blue belt test, but attempting and looking for certain things from it during the sparring is part if the pass/fail grading requirement.

You can get a white belt with "blue stripe" online. Combative belts or something like that

Back