Gotta give it up to Werdum

Great thread bro, Werdum is one my all time favorites, total badass.

He didn't accept a fight with JDS when Junior offered to be the short notice replacement for Cain when (surprise surprise) Cain was pulled last December, nor agreed to be a longer notice one when Struve's injury left JDS without a dance partner afterwards.
And why should he? He's not stupid like you, JDS is a great boxer and Cain is a wrestler, totally different styles, it matters a lot, if the guy trained a fucking whole camp for a wrestler, you want him to suddently accept a fight against a boxer without even thinking? It's his decision and no one should be mad at that, you piece of shit. Werdum always was down to that fight, just not on short notice.

Sherdoggers really can't put themselves in place of anybody, smh.

Werdum brought us legendary moments in mma. We should sacrifice a welterweight every now and then just for him to be happy.

I don't think he is the GOAT HW at all, but he is definitely a legend.

And why should he? He's not stupid like you, JDS is a great boxer and Cain is a wrestler, totally different styles, it matters a lot, if the guy trained a fucking whole camp for a wrestler, you want him to suddently accept a fight against a boxer without even thinking? It's his decision and no one should be mad at that, you piece of shit. Werdum always was down to that fight, just not on short notice.

Sherdoggers really can't put themselves in place of anybody, smh.

I was refuting a statement that claimed 'While other "fighters" are ducking and weaving their opponents, Werdum fights whoever, whenever, literally.' Literally. I described the actions that contradicted this. I did not condemn them or state he should do otherwise, did I? I admit I may have sounded snide, but that's because my native accent is snark. Not the most dulcet of dialects, but at least it doesn't resort to calling people "stupid" and "pieces of shit."

Be careful of "smh"ing too much, lest you shake your brains out your ears.

I was refuting a statement that claimed 'While other "fighters" are ducking and weaving their opponents, Werdum fights whoever, whenever, literally.' Literally. I described the actions that contradicted this. I did not condemn them or state he should do otherwise, did I? I admit I may have sounded snide, but that's because my native accent is snark. Not the most dulcet of dialects, but at least it doesn't resort to calling people "stupid" and "pieces of shit."

Fine, i misread and i apologize, you really sound like a bias hater in that post.

Respect to Fabricio Werdum. Last night wasn't his best showing for sure, but if you look at his body of work, we are witnessing one of the best fighters that the UFC will ever see at HW.

Not JDS in the striking department, but he can more than hold his own, and just went hard for a full 25 minutes straight. Keep in mind, he weighs 240+ lbs and is 40+ years old. That's basically Cain level cardio.

Ground game...not one fighter in HW (or (UFC for that matter) wants ANY part of it.

TBH his strongest asset isn't even his ground game...it's the fact that he gives no sh*ts whatsoever in there. Spinning sh*t, straight up jumpkicks, trying to distract dudes by telling them to look at the ceiling, trolling dudes mid-fight...doesn't take himself seriously at all.

While other "fighters" are ducking and weaving their opponents, Werdum fights whoever, whenever, literally.

Always cool to people who deserve it
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And always ready to get HAM on blowhards looking for a beatdown
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Here's to hoping he sees the title once more, before retiring and going down as one of the best HWs to grace the octagon.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thanks for the effort, the pics, etc. Werdum is the GOAT HW, and a nice guy despite what Colby-supporting idiots think.

lol ouch...well said.

On topic though, yeah werdum is a bad ass. but you cant say hes the goat of HW because he beat all the other GOAT contenders. He wasnt exactly beating them down in there primes though, so its an unfair statement. I would make the argument that Werdum was losing in pride when 2 of those hw goat contenders where destroying everyone. One of which he lost to big nog, but then again, this statement is unfair to make as well, being those guys where in there primes at the time and werdum was still a bit green and not the destroyer he is now.

Either way, great fighter hands down, and a very exciting one, as noted in OP. Best HW GOAT? Debatable

lol ouch...well said.

On topic though, yeah werdum is a bad ass. but you cant say hes the goat of HW because he beat all the other GOAT contenders. He wasnt exactly beating them down in there primes though, so its an unfair statement. I would make the argument that Werdum was losing in pride when 2 of those hw goat contenders where destroying everyone. One of which he lost to big nog, but then again, this statement is unfair to make as well, being those guys where in there primes at the time and werdum was still a bit green and not the destroyer he is now.

Either way, great fighter hands down, and a very exciting one, as noted in OP. Best HW GOAT? Debatable

HW GOAT is debatable, but no matter who's list, Werdum is top 3 if it's objective. Finished twice in a division where one punch gets you slept.

Last edited:
I don't know what Werdum's reason for turning down the JDS fight was, so I can't answer that. Also confused about the Hunt comment.....I love Hunt as much as the next fan, but Werdum put a clinic on him.

One thing I know for sure, Werdum has never been an "opportunistic" fighter, if that's what you're trying to imply. Just look at his resume. He's fought who's who of the world's best heavyweights, and he's almost always the aggresor in the octagon when the cage door closes.

Take a look at his opponent history. Doesn't particularly strike me as a guy who's afraid of anyone.

HW GOAT is debatable, but no matter who's list, Werdum is top 3 if it's objective. Finished twice in a division where one punch gets you slept.
Agreed. Without a doubt top 3.

He's one of the greatest.

I'm happy that I get to witness that dude perform. Among others. We should consider ourselves happy to live at the same time as the birth of modern MMA, especially those that actually witnessed UFC 1 and PRIDE live and shit.

I don't know what Werdum's reason for turning down the JDS fight was, so I can't answer that. Also confused about the Hunt comment.....I love Hunt as much as the next fan, but Werdum put a clinic on him.

One thing I know for sure, Werdum has never been an "opportunistic" fighter, if that's what you're trying to imply. Just look at his resume. He's fought who's who of the world's best heavyweights, and he's almost always the aggresor in the octagon when the cage door closes.

Take a look at his opponent history. Doesn't particularly strike me as a guy who's afraid of anyone.

He's definitely not afraid of anyone. No one can accuse him of that! What he is—and it fascinates me—is the oddest mixture of calculation and impulse that I have ever seen.

Example: He made sure he got booked for a fight on the same card where Stipe's defending, so he could stay on the same time table with him and better his chances of being able to take the title shot next. He said this too, this is not speculation on my part. Who else would think of that?

And yet just after he lost his title, he explained why he bumrushed Stipe with an impressionistic "I felt it was my moment".

Fascinating guy. Fearless fighter. Highly skilled and smart. But both his cunning and his whimsy can lead him into some curious paths...

Back