GOP Today Voted To Allow Internet Providers Rights To Sell Your Browsing History To 3rd Parties

"Should the resolution pass the House, broadband providers would be able to collect a trove of data—things like financial information and browsing history—from its users. The majority of consumers would be affected, though there will likely be an opt-out feature."

Did anybody read the actual bill? All this does is give ISP's the same ability that things like Google and Facebook already have. Just like everything else there will be an "opt out" feature so it's not a big like everybody is making it.

That being said I don't want anybody tracking my browsing data, but I suspect that the government and other agencies have already been doing that for many years. Oh well, guess we'll have to see what happens and all the details in the future.

Trump voter. dont give a shit. ISPs have the ability to write whatever they want into the terms of service

excellent line of reasoning.

but as a Trump voter you obviously have to not give a shit about lot of things

We've got ourselves a genius here..
LOL this isnt any different than a website that sells its users information

if i wanted to browse anonymously i would use a burner laptop on tor at a wifi hotspot

explain to me how using other peoples infrastructure to access another persons server grants you a reasonable expectation of privacy

It's pretty crazy how little the msm goes over this kind of stuff

Lyin Ted and Little Marco, are two of the highest in donations(bribes) from internet providers. This vote should be no surprise.

It's weird that trump hates net neutrality so much. I wonder if he doesn't really know what it is.

explain to me how using other peoples infrastructure to access another persons server grants you a reasonable expectation of privacy

well, me paying for the service grants me the fucking right to use "their" infrastructure (disregard the fact that your money payed for that infrastructure) and grants me the right to privacy
instead of having to pay for the service to telcos + them selling my private data for extra profit

imagine buying a car and car manufacturer deciding to serve you ads on your infotainment system based of destinations you visit

try again

well, me paying for the service grants me the fucking right to privacy
instead of having to pay for the service to telcos + them selling my private data for extra profit

try again
you could, you know, pay for the service from someone that wont sell your privacy

you could, you know, pay for the service from someone that wont sell your privacy

and which telco will avoid the opportunity to earn extra profit by selling your browsing data? and why should I pay extra for basic right of privacy?

"Should the resolution pass the House, broadband providers would be able to collect a trove of data—things like financial information and browsing history—from its users. The majority of consumers would be affected, though there will likely be an opt-out feature."

Did anybody read the actual bill? All this does is give ISP's the same ability that things like Google and Facebook already have. Just like everything else there will be an "opt out" feature so it's not a big like everybody is making it.

That being said I don't want anybody tracking my browsing data, but I suspect that the government and other agencies have already been doing that for many years. Oh well, guess we'll have to see what happens and all the details in the future.

The thing is Facebook and Google sell your data and in exchange you get a free product.

Will people that opt out be paying more than people that don't? It's not like internet service is cheap these days.

LOL this isnt any different than a website that sells its users information

if i wanted to browse anonymously i would use a burner laptop on tor at a wifi hotspot

An individual website or app is not a public utility, an ISP is.

Don't worry, Donald Trump, Champion of the Common Man, is our POTUS!

Certainly he will use his veto power to protect us from the evil Corporate Republicans!

Republicans can't help but be corporate shills. They're worse than libs in alot of ways.
Ummm... ya think?

Liberals are sometimes smug and annoying.

Republicans spend the majority of their waking hours actually making life shittier in measurable ways for everyone except the extremely wealthy.

Last edited:
Lyin Ted and Little Marco, are two of the highest in donations(bribes) from internet providers. This vote should be no surprise.

This needs to be exposed.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

An individual website or app is not a public utility, an ISP is.
to me it is virtually the same thing as a highway recording what cars are on it.

i see no expectation of privacy when i use an isp to connect to a website. i expect privacy for when i am on that website, which is why encryption exists

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back