Economy GOP back to Inflation worries. "Hyperinflation" (Update: 2022 Inflation Highest in 40 Years)

If the economy was good, people's opinions would reflect that. It's as simple as that, and it always has been that simple. Your "data" does not reflect reality. When the economy has a sub 40% rating, it sucks. You're gonna have to come to terms that people aren't buying the piss in their face as rain. Now go eat your charts and graphs for dinner.
All you're saying is their feelings don't care about my facts. It doesn't make them untrue.

All you're saying is their feelings don't care about my facts. It doesn't make them untrue.
It would be one thing if you were talking about a small minority of folks. You're not. When the vast majority thinks it's shit, it's shit.

Keep telling them that they don't know their own situation, though. Very on brand for modern "Liberal" narcissists, who can't fathom being wrong about anything.

I have the data to back up what I said. I've posted it before so please look it up or take it as given because I have no energy to go find it again--during the pandemic, Americans saved billions of dollars because they had no place to spend it. Canadians did the same and we have (collectively) something around $350B in savings right now. The difference is, Americans are spending their savings and Canadians are not. That's one reason why our economy is at pretty much zero growth while the US out paces every other developed country on the planet, pretty much.
Except Americans have spent their savings and use debt instead. Canadians aren't much better. We have the highest level of household debt in the G7. Why do think that is?

Last edited:
Well, I checked and thought you were quoting him about zerohedge, thinking that was the same source of my graph lol, it isn’t, but I think zerohedge did use that graph/source in a recent article/post

Not sure if your jaw dropping comment was sarcasm based on above. I think it is, as it is a pretty stark contrast, without even including the other categories I mention.
No, it wasn't sarcasm. The difference in goods inflation between adminstrations is staggering. That's what I highlighted with my citation of the Federal Reserve's PCE.

And yes, I certainly believe there is a significant difference observed in gas pricing, too. But complaining about seasonal pricing adjustments for gas, when that isn't something new they just started doing, they've always done it, is stupid. That stat was only tracking a very limited period, too.

Oh' and for the record, they're not "your facts" @Andy Capp. They're just sources that you blindly believe. You don't actually know shit about shit. You're just a slave to the authority. You don't give two fucks about what regular people have to say about it. You're a stooge.
Often, it's about that, but it's not even about that, here. He just picks the charts, tables, and stats he likes. He ignores the overwhelming majority to the contrary.

Often, it's about that, but it's not even about that, here. He just picks the charts, tables, and stats he likes. He ignores the overwhelming majority to the contrary.
lol that's a lot of panic wrestling from the two of you due to being unable to counter the data.

And I could have sworn I responded to this already. Did you delete it, weak sauce?

lol that's a lot of panic wrestling from the two of you due to being unable to counter the data.
The "data" is countered by public sentiment. Keep telling them that they're too stupid to know their own situation, though. Feed them those charts and graphs. That's the ticket!

Face it, though. Your "data" is just whatever your crush @Jack V Savage says and endorses. If he said the economy was bad tomorrow, you'd follow suit. You don't actually have a mind of your own.

The "data" is countered by public sentiment. Keep telling them that they're too stupid to know their own situation, though. Feed them those charts and graphs. That's the ticket!

Face it, though. Your "data" is just whatever your crush @Jack V Savage says and endorses. If he said the economy was bad tomorrow, you'd follow suit. You don't actually have a mind of your own.
I run a business. I obtain this data through industry sources. You know fuck all and should hold your tongue accordingly. Just like that other whiny bitch.

I run a business.
In Prince Edward Island...LOL. You selling those little umbrella toothpicks that go in your drink?

You know nothing of the real world, Andrew. Your COVID rants, where you would act like your shitty little "province" of less than 200,000 people, was a shining beacon on what the world should be doing during a pandemic, proved that.

Woman that runs her own business in New York talks about how much money she has to spend and wonders how anyone survives in this economy.

If she owes the stated amount in taxes, then that means she has the income to support what she's bitching about.

High taxes owed sucks, yes, but there is a flip side to that coin. Meaning she had to have had the kind of income that warrants that kind of tax liability. I remember one of my mom's tax clients bitching that he had $200,000 Federal withheld on his W-2, which seems ridiculous until you looked at his gross wages of almost $1 million/yr.

Also, the woman in your example claims to be in business for herself, which probably implies she's self employed and filing a Schedule C on her personal tax return. Meaning she got paid all year without having a penny withdrawn for taxes and now she's getting hitting hit with not only income taxes, but self employment taxes, which is the self employed's version of social security. When you work for someone, your employer pays half of social security and you as the employee pay the other half. When you are self employed, you are the employer and the employee, so you pay the full 15% in SE Tax, plus regular income tax.

Insurance I have no qualms with her bitching about. I've often taken the position that insurance is a bullshit money making scam where someone found a way to insert themselves as middle men. Most of us will pay huge amounts of money over our lifetime to insurance companies, and never see a fraction of the return.

In Prince Edward Island...LOL. You selling those little umbrella toothpicks that go in your drink?

You know nothing of the real world, Andrew. Your COVID rants, where you would act like your shitty little "province" of less than 200,000 people, was a shining beacon on what the world should be doing during a pandemic, proved that.
How sad, no counter the point, just whiny ad hominem and strawman crap.

But please go ahead, put on your big boy pants and regale us with your bona fides and what you know of "the real world".
<{1-1}>

If she owes the stated amount in taxes, then that means she has the income to support what she's bitching about.

High taxes owed sucks, yes, but there is a flip side to that coin. Meaning she had to have had the kind of income that warrants that kind of tax liability. I remember one of my mom's tax clients bitching that he had $200,000 Federal withheld on his W-2, which seems ridiculous until you looked at his gross wages of almost $1 million/yr.

Also, the woman in your example claims to be in business for herself, which probably implies she's self employed and filing a Schedule C on her personal tax return. Meaning she got paid all year without having a penny withdrawn for taxes and now she's getting hitting hit with not only income taxes, but self employment taxes, which is the self employed's version of social security. When you work for someone, your employer pays half of social security and you as the employee pay the other half. When you are self employed, you are the employer and the employee, so you pay the full 15% in SE Tax, plus regular income tax.

Insurance I have no qualms with her bitching about. I've often taken the position that insurance is a bullshit money making scam where someone found a way to insert themselves as middle men. Most of us will pay huge amounts of money over our lifetime to insurance companies, and never see a fraction of the return.
Re: that last paragraph. Do you feel the same way about hiring security guards? A large majority of them just hang around and do fuckall but try to stay awake, getting paid all the while, day after day, month after month--until something bad happens. Then you will be glad you be glad that this security is there, right? It's playing the percentages on a gamble. Input the money for security/insurance and potentially see it as a waste of money if you never need it. But when something unexpected and awful happens, you're glad it/they are there, don't you think? Whether premiums are reasonable is an entirely different question, obviously.

That's really a separate argument from the thread topic, but worth keeping in mind, IMO, when asking the question, why do we have to pay money for all this?

Don't worry! The rich are doing fine, so be happy for them, and let your cares drift away. Confidently go to bed knowing even though you are in a worse place, the economy is doing just fine. Everything is fine.

Car insurance is necessary. You can't just have people hitting other vehicles and then saying "Sorry I don't have the money to pay you". Most people don't even have $1,000 in the bank. Yet we want to let people drive around and hit other peoples vehicles without ever having to fork over any money?

Car insurance is necessary. You can't just have people hitting other vehicles and then saying "Sorry I don't have the money to pay you". Most people don't even have $1,000 in the bank. Yet we want to let people drive around and hit other peoples vehicles without ever having to fork over any money?
Most Americans have a lot more than $1,000 in the bank. WTF?

Back