Good kickboxing gloves

nino

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Which are the best kickboxing gloves and why?

I got Twins Special

51WG9SUYqsL._SX425_.jpg

Love them. They have a grip bar. They are definetly pretty puffy on the sides, I own the 16oz. They don't feel heavier than other gloves, but they do feel larger. Which is great when you're blocking kicks with them, etc. Not so great when you try to punch through someone elses' guard.

Triumph MT gloves felt more slim / streamlined.

But Twins seem like better quality, but it's too soon to tell. Teammates have said they've lasted them 3 - 5 years. My old triumphs lasted about 2.

A few pro's in my gym like these
161401xlgl_5.jpg

http://www.everlast.com/boxing/gloves/protex-3-gel-laced-training-gloves

If you have the opportunity to nab a Cleto Reyes or Grant for cheap $, just buy those.

Last edited:
I got Twins Special

51WG9SUYqsL._SX425_.jpg

Love them. They have a grip bar. They are definetly pretty puffy on the sides, I own the 16oz. They don't feel heavier than other gloves, but they do feel larger. Which is great when you're blocking kicks with them, etc. Not so great when you try to punch through someone elses' guard.

Triumph MT gloves felt more slim / streamlined.

But Twins seem like better quality, but it's too soon to tell. Teammates have said they've lasted them 3 - 5 years. My old triumphs lasted about 2.

A few pro's in my gym like these
161401xlgl_5.jpg

http://www.everlast.com/boxing/gloves/protex-3-gel-laced-training-gloves

If you have the opportunity to nab a Cleto Reyes or Grant for cheap $, just buy those.
Winning gloves are on of the best but just to expensive, but those twins look sick

If you like Winning gloves, check out Sabas Super Soft. Super close winning clone for 109 bucks.

https://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-basics/boxing-equipment/best-boxing-gloves-review

Sabas SuperSoft ($109) – their Winning-inspired model. They not only look VERY CLOSE to Winning gloves but also PRACTICALLY IDENTICAL CUSHIONING! (Even the leather looks similar to Winning.) Great construction, great stitching, great padding (thick around the wrists as well), great wrist support, soft (the closest you can get to Winning), nice liner, extremely comfortable (even more than the other models), great thumb position, too. Nice feedback with the gloves. Nice elastic in the middle. You’ll have to see the gloves up-close to appreciate the quality. This model is available in velcro or the beautiful lace-up version.

• Yes, this is THE CLOSEST glove to the Winning glove, even closer than RingtoCage’s C17’s, and also a better overall glove than the C17’s (better quality, better protection). Raving reviews about the quality and how nice it is. They improved upon the older design which was already pretty awesome.
sabas-supersoft-boxing-gloves.jpg

sabas-ss-laces-down.jpg

Whichever gloves feel most comfortable are the best. The rest is almost insignificant or keyboard warrior bs. Sure Muay Thai gloves are not as long and as Everlast but look at Boon. They're Muay Thai gloves but they long as hell.

Value for money gloves with good wrist support I personally think you can't beat the Fairtex BGV9 Mexican Heavy Hitters. You can also make a nice fist in these gloves

Sabas gloves I've heard really good things about but never worn them.

But really, how many professional boxers use Twins, Windy and Fairtex. They can be used for boxing, kickboxing and Muay Thai.

Any Thai made, Mexican made, American made, Japanese made gloves you can't go wrong. The quality is there. Pakistan and Chinese made stuff stay well clear of. They just try and copy all the other brands.

LOL, you beat me to it.

Ive had these in blue/white for over a year and fucking love these gloves so much. I'll buy nothing but SABAS going forward.

I just bought the proseries 16oz velcros.

Going from the Twins to Sabas... It's like going from oven mitts to driving gloves.

Probably the best purchase I've made with kickboxing / mma.

I just bought the proseries 16oz velcros.

Going from the Twins to Sabas... It's like going from oven mitts to driving gloves.

Probably the best purchase I've made with kickboxing / mma.
Ya I've always used King gloves prior. Just wait till they break in nicely. Super durable build quality too. Welcome to the club!

I love my Cleto Reyes. I have the 10oz SafeTech lace-ups for bag/pad work, and the 16oz velcro training gloves for sparring.

As mentioned earlier check the gear and equipment forum for reviews and advice. Also clarify what you mean by best gloves for kickboxing, do you mean sparring or pads/bags? What type of kickboxing do you mean, K-1 style or Thai boxing? What size are your hands? Do you require lots of padding/wrist support or a glove with a lot of feedback/ a puncher's glove
As some posters have mentioned some people prefer boxing gloves over thai boxing gloves, often due to superior knuckle padding/wrist support. If you require lots of padding you may want to look into boxing style gloves such as Winning, Topboxer Winning style, Sabas Supersoftt or Ring to Cage C17's.
I prefer boxing gloves for the heavy bag and boxing pad work/sparring due to their superior wrist support/protection and thai boxing gloves for thai style pad work/sparring because they are better for clinching and other Thai boxing techniques. For K-1 style kickboxing without clinching, elbows, etc. I don't see the need for Thai boxing gloves the only factor would be increased thai style gloves increased padding on the back of the hand for blocking kicks vs boxing style gloves superior punch delivery.
I would consider having the mods move this thread, starting a new thread in the gear and equipment forum or simply searching the gear and equipment forum. But keep in mind not everyone likes the same gloves, the more information you can provide about what you are looking for, the more information people can provide to help you make your decision.

Last edited:
Also let us know your hand size, wrist size, finger length, weight, etc.

Back