Good biographical documentaries?

DanMMAleague

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What say you sherdoggers.

I am getting a bit bored of fictional shows.

What are some good biographical documentaries.

I enjoyed watching 30/30 Todd Marinovich and the Mike Tyson documentary.

Hoffa
The Aviator
Raging Bull
Downfall
Nostradamus
Monster
The Butler
The Crown
The Queen
The King's Speech
Pacino as Dr. Kervorkian was decent

Ozzy Osbourne: Don't Blame Me

Have you fucking seen the Boondock Saints documentary shitstorm "Overnight" (2003)

Because it is fascinating

Also amazing is Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's The Island of Dr Moreau

I absolutely love documentaries about challenged films. Those two are a thousand times better than Lost In La Mancha

Another notable one is "Hearts of Darkness" covering Apocalypse Now's struggles

But Lost Soul is really incredible

Have you fucking seen the Boondock Saints documentary shitstorm "Overnight" (2003)

Because it is fascinating

Also amazing is Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's The Island of Dr Moreau

I absolutely love documentaries about challenged films. Those two are a thousand times better than Lost In La Mancha

Another notable one is "Hearts of Darkness" covering Apocalypse Now's struggles

But Lost Soul is really incredible

Have you seen Jodorowskys Dune?

Have you seen Jodorowskys Dune?

I was on the edge, but opted out because I hadn't read the book or seen the film and I hear it's one of those things you need to know about

*edit*
For anyone trying to see anyone's recommendations in here, documentaries can be tough to find streams for

alluc.com

Best accessed via console internet like xbox's Microsoft Edge because console browsers are immune to pop up malware

Aren't those films brah?

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention and misread the OP.

In that case...

9.79* (30 for 30)
When We Were Kings
Facing Ali
Grizzly Man
Times of Harvey Milk

I was on the edge, but opted out because I hadn't read the book or seen the film and I hear it's one of those things you need to know about

*edit*
For anyone trying to see anyone's recommendations in here, documentaries can be tough to find streams for

alluc.com

Best accessed via console internet like xbox's Microsoft Edge because console browsers are immune to pop up malware
I enjoyed it. Never read the book and suffered my way through Lynch's Dune.

With only a strong will and a cheap horse, a former agent of the Dutch underground in World War II sets out to become a champion show jumper. Harry developed a transformative relationship with a broken down Amish plow horse he rescued off a slaughter truck bound for the glue factory. Harry paid eighty dollars for the horse and named him Snowman. In less than two years, Harry & Snowman went on to win the triple crown of show jumping, beating the nations blue bloods and they became famous and traveled around the world together.

Back