Gokhan Saki has signed with the UFC!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
Yeah pretty much. What the fuck does Connor have on the ground?
most of his fights on ufc,especially on the start,his opponents made a very bad choice on trying to standup against him,so he had a lot of time to improve his TDD while winning fights ,very different approach of Saki,saki is well known as a demon on striking,good at everything,people are going to jump on him and try to take him down in every 30 seconds

most of his fights on ufc,especially on the start,his opponents made a very bad choice on trying to standup against him,so he had a lot of time to improve his TDD while winning fights ,very different approach of Saki,saki is well known as a demon on striking,good at everything,people are going to jump on him and try to take him down in every 30 seconds
I'm aware of that. But what most seem to be unaware of is saki started training for mma over 5 years ago. With who (friends with gegard), how long specifically and how often is all unknown. We will see. I wouldn't write him off just yet

Conor actually has decent ground games. He did sweep Diaz and handle himself well in a guard against Mendes.

Strikers have mixed result transitioning into mma. We like to say TDD = invincible but that is never enough when you will face the guys who have grappled at the same level you have been striking at.

The recent cases of success we have seen are strikers who have been matched up with cans to slowly build them up (Tenshin/Rena). If you just throw them in with UFC rejects or lower tier UFC fighters they will get rekt like Souwer.
(Who is supposed to have been training with Aldo for years)

Saki probably needs to be matched up with the lowest tier fighters who have little ground games first to build him up.

Also where is he going to debut in the UFC? I am sure he is huge in Turkey and the Middle East market but UFC has been distancing itself from these regions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conor actually has decent ground games. He did sweep Diaz and handle himself well in a guard against Mendes.

Strikers have mixed result transitioning into mma. We like to say TDD = invincible but that is never enough when you will face the guys who have grappled at the same level you have been striking at.

The recent cases of success we have seen are strikers who have been matched up with cans to slowly build them up (Tenshin/Rena). If you just throw them in with UFC rejects or lower tier UFC fighters they will get rekt like Souwer.
(Who is supposed to have been training with Aldo for years)

Saki probably needs to be matched up with the lowest tier fighters who have little ground games first to build him up.

Also where is he going to debut in the UFC? I am sure he is huge in Turkey and the Middle East market but UFC has been distancing itself from these regions.
they have been doing events in the netherlands and the only guy they had who could sell tickets there is overeem. Also you would have to figure if wme-img ever wants to pay off the debt from the purchase they need to build stars and quick. The easiest way to do that is sign guys already famous in the individual disciplines of martial arts and give them easy matches to build a record and a following in mma

Yeah pretty much. What the fuck does Connor have on the ground?

he is actually pretty good.

did people forget what Conor did to Holloway, he also had some submission win.

he got brown belt too.

Oh that's it?

K-1 Level Striking + TDD = Profit
You just described Pre Nog fight Cro Cop. Hell, I'll even throw in Butterbean into the argument since at one point he had more sub wins than Mir on his record.

I doubt that Saki will storm through the division like pride era Mirko, but if Mark Hunt managed to eventually get his shit together and become a legit top 10 heavyweight, maybe Saki can make some waves. If he works on his BJJ and wrestling hard enough, he can go places. I just hope they don't feed him to wrestlers because that would be stupid from an investment stand point.

very good news, i hope he trains TDD like crazy, he even should dream TDD or we know how it will go

If he spent his youth in the Netherlands he probably has no ground game, if he spent it in Turkey he is probably at least competent.

Back