Going to BFL 54 on March 17 in Vancouver

Rockapotomuss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Will post live updates and pics of the best moments from the event. Love watching 0-0 fighters. So intense.

MMA

Cole Smith (4-0, 2-0 BFL) VS Carlos Galvan (3-2, 1-0 BFL) 135 Pro Bantamweight title
Jamie Smyth (1-0-1 BFL) VS Caio Machado (0-0-1 BFL) Heavyweight Pro
Saied Mirzaei (0-0 BFL) VS Eric McConico (1-0, 0-0 BFL) 180 pro
Tylor Nicholson (0-1 BFL) VS Ian King (1-2, 0-0 BFL) Pro 140 Catchweight
Jamie Lynn Horth (0-0 BFL) VS Coralie Dixon (2-1, 0-0 BFL) 125 BFL Pro Female
Paul Cowie (6-1 BFL) VS Josh Kwiatkowski (5-4, 2-3 BFL) Amy 145 Title (150 catch)
Paul Kane (4-3, 1-2 BFL) VS Marlan Hall (1-2 BFL) Amateur 145
Brett Miller (0-0 BFL) VS Tye Mcentire (0-1, 0-0 BFL) Amateur 170
Neil Sanpedro (0-0 BFL) VS Indrop Virk (0-0 BFL) Amateur 130

I'll be there as well! The last event was awesome. I happen to know a few people fighting so it will be even more intense this time around.

Good amateur finishes so far. Main event aboot to start eh

First time I’ve ever seen a female take 5 for a low blow

Cole Smith pressing up against the cage all fight like he never wants to be in the ufc

The card peaked during the Amateur 145lb title fight with Kwiatkowski taking the belt. Everything after that was pretty lackluster.

The heavyweight fight where the guys cup fell out then they spent 15 minutes trying to put it back in in front of the whole crowd, covering his dangus with nothing but a tea towel? That's around the time I wanted to leave.

The card peaked during the Amateur 145lb title fight with Kwiatkowski taking the belt. Everything after that was pretty lackluster.

The heavyweight fight where the guys cup fell out then they spent 15 minutes trying to put it back in in front of the whole crowd, covering his dangus with nothing but a tea towel? That's around the time I wanted to leave.

Kwiatkowski Cowie fight was incredible. I still love BFL because when it's firing on all cylinders it gets so rowdy in there it beats any UFC live event I've been to. But I got to state some criticism not because I'm trying to be a hater or negative but because they need to hear it.

When buddy's jockstrap was inspected before the fight, it had problems, they never should have let him in the cage. He should have been sent back to the change room to fix it. Otherwise what is the point in inspecting the jockstrap before each fighter enters the cage? His walk out song even finished they were analyzing his cup for so long, and they let him in anyway. Then it falls out and WTF just put it back in or send him to the dressing room, but that spectacle with the naked fighter in the cage with nothing but a flimsy tea towel and 5 officials trying to fix his cup at the same time for 15 minutes was downright embarrassing. And of course he gets low blowed again right after they resume the fight (though I thought it was clean shot to the stomach). That shit show cleared out 25% the crowd.

Then the main event. A lot of people in Smith's camp weren't happy with me after the event cause I was yelling at him at the start of the fifth round after the fighters hugged. WTF are you hugging for, that's for fighters who went through a war. That was hardly even a sparring match. I get it that Smith had a game plan to get the W but that way of fighting disrespects the entire BFL that got him to the position he's at. He's basically saying I can put on a shit show to get the W because the UFC won't care about the BFL so fuck it. And fuck being a main event and putting on a show, fuck the fans. Fuck that. Smith has some great finishes and maybe he had an injury or something but he can't fight like that pressing 90 degree up against the fence every round. I went to take a leak and the whole bathroom was ragging on how shitty the fight was. I haven't seen that many people leave a main event since Demetrius Johnson headlined in Vancouver. Smith is in Johnson's weight class too, which does not bode well for his future prospects at making a living doing this. Hopefully that was a one fight anomaly but he needs to hear it.

Last edited:
I was told there would be pictures

Kwiatkowski fight was incredible. I still love BFL because when it's firing on all cylinders it gets so rowdy in there it beats any UFC live event I've been to. But I got to state some criticism not because I'm trying to be a hater or negative but because they need to hear it.

When buddy's jockstrap was inspected before the fight, it had problems, they never should have let him in the cage. He should have been sent back to the change room to fix it. Otherwise what is the point in inspecting the jockstrap before each fighter enters the cage? His walk out song even finished they were analyzing his cup for so long, and they let him in anyway. Then it falls out and WTF just put it back in or send him to the dressing room, but that spectacle with the naked fighter in the cage with nothing but a flimsy tea towel and 5 officials trying to fix his cup at the same time for 15 minutes was downright embarrassing. And of course he gets low blowed again right after they resume the fight (though I thought it was clean shot to the stomach). That shit show cleared out 25% the crowd.

Then the main event. A lot of people in Smith's camp weren't happy with me after the event cause I was yelling at him at the start of the fifth round after the fighters hugged. WTF are you hugging for, that's for fighters who went through a war. That was hardly even a sparring match. I get it that Smith had a game plan to get the W but that way of fighting disrespects the entire BFL that got him to the position he's at. He's basically saying I can put on a shit show to get the W because the UFC won't care about the BFL so fuck it. And fuck being a main event and putting on a show, fuck the fans. Fuck that. Smith has some great finishes and maybe he had an injury or something but he can't fight like that pressing 90 degree up against the fence every round. I went to take a leak and the whole bathroom was ragging on how shitty the fight was. I haven't seen that many people leave a main event since Demetrius Johnson headlined in Vancouver. Smith is in Johnson's weight class too, which does not bode well for his future prospects at making a living doing this. Hopefully that was a one fight anomaly but he needs to hear it.
That's not true at all. Jeremy Kennedy was sitting cage side and he made his name in BFL, and I know Bukwas was getting scouted by the UFC before he lost to Dwyer.

But yeah, I left in the 4th round of the main event.

I hate those damn cameramen
These pics reminded mo of the time I paid 300 bucks for front row seats to my buddys fight and this was my view all night lol

1097288_592469084138349_240833329_o.jpg

I hate those damn cameramen
These pics reminded mo of the time I paid 300 bucks for front row seats to my buddys fight and this was my view all night lol

1097288_592469084138349_240833329_o.jpg

Ya it made no sense why they didn’t put the cameraman on the post over to the right since it was a theatre set up the entire crowd was staring at his ass all night. You’d think they could also maybe use small remote control cameras.

That's not true at all. Jeremy Kennedy was sitting cage side and he made his name in BFL, and I know Bukwas was getting scouted by the UFC before he lost to Dwyer.

But yeah, I left in the 4th round of the main event.

I agree with you, which is why he can’t fight like that with all the stalling just to get a W.

Back