Movies GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE (New Trailer, post #108)

I really hope we get a better soundtrack this time around. Regardless of what you thought about KoTM it can't be denied it had some really great tracks.

seems epic to me. Miniature Ape business. I liked Godzilla vs Kong. Will definitely be high when watching this.
I wish they had taken a more McU approach to these movies. They could have done a Kong solo movie to introduce bad orange monkey and had Godzilla face someone else in his own movie. This whole thing just feels so lazy to me.

Man I enjoy the fuck out of giant monster godzilla and kong movies.

But was the animation always this fucking and awful looking, or have I just gotten more cynical?

also, want mini kong.

Last edited:
Man I enjoy the fuck out of giant moster godzilla and kog movies.

But was the animatio always this fucking and awful looking, or have I just gotten more synical?

also, want mini kong.

Strikes me as a bit of a Pacific Rim VS Pacific Rim 2 thing on the animation. For some reason directors want to speed these giant monsters and robots up - make them more agile, more flexible, jump more, duck and dodge, be more agile... And while I THINK I get what they're going for, they don't seem to realize that it completely trashes the sense of scale for these monsters. I was a huge fan of the first Pacific Rim movie, from a scale standpoint, because it made you really see the big things as these lumbering monsters, with that sense of mass backing them. The second one, I swear, had the director saying "What if we made some of them move like luchador wrestlers?" - and the result is these supposedly hundred meter tall titans bouncing around like they were doing their best Jackie Chan impressions. Totally ruins the feel of these giant things being as damned big as they are.

The animation on this seems so fast... And you pair that with the increasingly neon colour scheme and it makes it seem like there is no sense of scale for the monsters. Maybe the movie won't bear this out, but the trailer makes me think they're making this all too common mistake in an attempt to up the ante and make the action faster.

Strikes me as a bit of a Pacific Rim VS Pacific Rim 2 thing on the animation. For some reason directors want to speed these giant monsters and robots up - make them more agile, more flexible, jump more, duck and dodge, be more agile... And while I THINK I get what they're going for, they don't seem to realize that it completely trashes the sense of scale for these monsters. I was a huge fan of the first Pacific Rim movie, from a scale standpoint, because it made you really see the big things as these lumbering monsters, with that sense of mass backing them. The second one, I swear, had the director saying "What if we made some of them move like luchador wrestlers?" - and the result is these supposedly hundred meter tall titans bouncing around like they were doing their best Jackie Chan impressions. Totally ruins the feel of these giant things being as damned big as they are.

The animation on this seems so fast... And you pair that with the increasingly neon colour scheme and it makes it seem like there is no sense of scale for the monsters. Maybe the movie won't bear this out, but the trailer makes me think they're making this all too common mistake in an attempt to up the ante and make the action faster.

I think someone mentioned its all looking too cartoony.
I get CGI is basically a form of cartoons, but this is getting to cell shading territory

Just watched the trailer and I am so All In on this!
Loved Skull Island and Godzilla Vs Kong so I am more than ready for some more big bad ass adventuriffic slobberknockers featuring giant beasts of all shapes and sizes!

CGI looks terrible but I gave up that unwinnable fight a long time ago, hopefully it will be at least more polished by the final release date

Yeah almost seems like they're hiding something. I don't see how king Louie is a threat to zilla. Even a pack gets toasted by his breath
Yea, the trailer showed some freeze breath attack. Probably some super big evil ruler titan and boss of red ape bro.

Fuck this looks so corny, the more that comes out the cheesier it gets (not in a good way either).
The only human worth a damn is the kid, Pacific Rim is the perfect type of bad/cheesy Kaiju movie and this is way more like the second one that was just bad.

Yeah almost seems like they're hiding something. I don't see how king Louie is a threat to zilla. Even a pack gets toasted by his breath
has been already leaked by toys line there's big ass dragon-like monster

1707966758496.jpeg

Likely Red ape will be smart and crafty kind of villain for Kong, while that Shimo dragon fuck will be more traditional powerhouse final boss for Zilla

has been already leaked by toys line there's big ass dragon-like monster

View attachment 1029511

Likely Red ape will be smart and crafty kind of villain for Kong, while that Shimo dragon fuck will be more traditional powerhouse final boss for Zilla
That thing is supposed to be more difficult to defeat than King Ghidorah?
<36>

So they are fighting a red ape? That's kinda underwhelming.

Yeah, it's a bit weird innit - why do they need to team up to fight a weaker/shitter version of Kong? I'm a bit skeptical now of this.

Back