Godzilla: Minus One - Go watch it in theaters!

PaleMoonlight

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know there's a lot of kaiju fans here. Movie just came out in theaters in the USA.

Just watched it last night and I highly recommend it.

The less you know about the movie, the better your experience will be. It's way better than the American Godzilla movies. It's a Japanese production with subtitles.

I won't spoil anything but hope you guys watch it.

I still have to watch Shin Godzilla.

Just saw it, Absolutely amazing and my new favorite Godzilla film. It’s remarkable what they accomplished with a mere $15 million dollar budget. First off unlike the Hollywood Godzilla films the human characters are likeable and you’re actually invested in their story. The acting is top notch, the score is incredible especially when the main themes are used. Godzilla is as terrifying as he’s ever been and the way he uses his Atomic Breath…wow. I enjoyed the hell out of it, and I highly recommend it as long as you don’t mind subtitles.

9/10

Side note the lead actor Kamiki Ryunosuke was really good and I think he’d be the perfect live action Jin Sakai

Just saw it, Absolutely amazing and my new favorite Godzilla film. It’s remarkable what they accomplished with a mere $15 million dollar budget. First off unlike the Hollywood Godzilla films the human characters are likeable and you’re actually invested in their story. The acting is top notch, the score is incredible especially when the main themes are used. Godzilla is as terrifying as he’s ever been and the way he uses his Atomic Breath…wow. I enjoyed the hell out of it, and I highly recommend it as long as you don’t mind subtitles.

9/10

Side note the lead actor Kamiki Ryunosuke was really good and I think he’d be the perfect live action Jin Sakai

The movie was really well done. Amazing how it cost $15 million to make and it's better made than $200 million dollar movies in the US.

It's funny you mention Ghost of Tsushima. I'm playing it again and trying to beat the DLC. The game makes you feel badass because the animation is well done. The DLC seems harder than the original.

They're actually making a movie of that game and I think it's the same director as the John Wick movies.

I saw it last night - It's legit boys. Thank god Godzilla is back to being a terrifying menace and not some saviour of humanity bullshit. He was absolutely terrifying when he appeared on screen. I've never seen him so intimidating and powerful before.

The human stories were also super compelling and powerfully acted with a visually stunning backdrop. Just slam dunks all around. I think this just might be my favourite movie of the year.

Amazing movie.
Should be seen in IMAX if available to you, giant screen for a giant monster.

Usually in these movies there’s not enough monster and too much human rubbish, but in this case the human element ties in perfectly with the threat of the monster.

Sadly I dont think I will get a chance to see it while it's in theaters. I would love to though. Looks like it absolutely belongs on a big screen

I can't do subtitles and dont speak Japanese so I want to see it but no dice.

I've heard nothing but positive things about this movie. If it's in theaters near me, I'll go check it out.

I am looking forward to seeing

It second only to the original in terms of quality. I want to see the Minus Color version but probably went get to until it hits blue ray.

Back