Goddard swears he cares about MMA. If he really did he would insist on McGregor being sanctioned.

LegalizeMDMA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
“I do not wish for any further action to be taken against any party, in particular Conor McGregor” Goddard wrote.

I suspect what he really cares about is his fucking paycheck.

Last edited:
If you're involved in the sport, care about it, and have integrity, yes, you'd want Conor sanctioned. Just like if Ray Borg or someone else jumped the cage and acted a fool.

Just because Marc didn't say as much in his statement doesn't mean he doesn't want sanctions

He explicitly said he does NOT want McGregor to be sanctioned.

“I do not wish for any further action to be taken against any party, in particular Conor McGregor, but ultimately that is entirely out of my hands,” Goddard wrote.

He explicitly said he does NOT want McGregor to be sanctioned.

“I do not wish for any further action to be taken against any party, in particular Conor McGregor, but ultimately that is entirely out of my hands,” Goddard wrote.
He doesn't want to come off as petty. He also probably doesn't want the legions of rabid Conor fans harassing him and his family on the Web. I mean, is there a group of people with more free time on their hands?

If you're involved in the sport, care about it, and have integrity, yes, you'd want Conor sanctioned. Just like if Ray Borg or someone else jumped the cage and acted a fool.

Looks like this ref is susceptible to being corrupt. Hope he doesn't become a judge, he'd just go with whatever the crowd wants, or which ever fighter is "good for business". Because that's exactly what he's saying here.

most ppl care about their pay cheque, to be fair

he's just an employee. Mike Mazzuli is taking charge of the situation

Mike Mazzulli, the president of the Association of Boxing Commissions and Combative Sports (ABC) and the director of the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation, was the lead regulator Friday night for the Bellator card. He is frequently brought overseas by Bellator to oversee regulatory operations in countries that do not have commissions.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11...ized-health-of-participants-assaulted-referee

At anyrate, you know deals are being made without public knowledge in the matter.

I suspect you are a butthurt Connor hater

Godard is in no position to “insist”.
The UFC should be the ones holding their fighters to a certain standard.
Where is DFW? Has he said anything about this? Usually it be impossible to shut him up about his opinion...

I respect Goddard for leaving it in the cage

however I disagree with him

a reasonable guy writes his version of the events in a reasonable way.....and then this.

i cannot fathom what he could possibly say to NOT get a thread like this written about him.

the trolls and assholes who are shredding him now in the pathetic attempt to make Conor not look like an asshole are bad enough. but this? damn. truly evidence a guy cannot win no matter what he does.

Goddard swears he cares about MMA. If he really did he would insist on McGregor being sanctioned.

No because then that would piss McGregor off. He would be offended that after all he's done for MMA, he get's in trouble for a small slip up.

And then he'd tell MMA to fuck off. Which would be bad for MMA.

It's great for MMA to keep Conor around, the man who brought MMA to what it is today, so that he can continue to change the landscape for the best.

(Cue the narrowminded haters who blind themselves from all the positive things Conor has done and instead only focus on their own negative hater narratives.)

Where is DFW? Has he said anything about this? Usually it be impossible to shut him up about his opinion...

He's busy finding Conor's next opponent for Zuffa Boxing. <31>

he's just an employee. Mike Mazzuli is taking charge of the situation

Mike Mazzulli, the president of the Association of Boxing Commissions and Combative Sports (ABC) and the director of the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation, was the lead regulator Friday night for the Bellator card. He is frequently brought overseas by Bellator to oversee regulatory operations in countries that do not have commissions.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11...ized-health-of-participants-assaulted-referee

At anyrate, you know deals are being made without public knowledge in the matter.

Mike Mazzulli is the motherfucking man. He's the one who ACTUALLY cares about the sport of MMA and I have high confidence he will do the maximum he can to punish McGregor's despicable actions.

a reasonable guy writes his version of the events in a reasonable way.....and then this.

i cannot fathom what he could possibly say to NOT get a thread like this written about him.

the trolls and assholes who are shredding him now in the pathetic attempt to make Conor not look like an asshole are bad enough. but this? damn. truly evidence a guy cannot win no matter what he does.

Bro. You cannot say you care for the sport and then advocate for no punishment for someone who spits in the sport's face.

AT THE VERY LEAST he did not have to include this language into his statement. He could just express no position on this. But no, he had to say that he doesn't want anything to happen to dear Connor. Fuck that.

Dana is trying to figure out the least possible he could do without hitting a new low of hypocrisy and greed. It seems telling Mike that Conor will not be on UFC 219 which he never was on anyway - was "the genius solution".

Don't you care for your paycheck, TS?

Maybe it's because he's also a fan of the sport and likes watching Conor fight?

He knows Conor is very important to the UFC because of their debt?

Maybe he stole Conor's coke?

Maybe he just doesn't feel like making a huge issue out of it?

Maybe he prefers things stay the way they are?

Or maybe you're just a bitch..?

crying2.jpg

Only idiots are going to bash Goddard for his role in any of this.

Back